“Can't fault it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jinnah Restaurant York - CLOSED

Jinnah Restaurant York
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
UK
“Can't fault it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

What a great restaurant, lovely atmosphere, friendly staff and great food. We had the buffet option which was a bargain at £9.95. We were presented with popadoms and an impressive pickle tray, followed by a delicious selection of starters before being given our plates for the buffet. The buffet had a huge selection - at least 10 dishes ranging from mild to hot so there is something for everyone. As well as as much naan as you can eat! All the dishes I managed to try were amazing!!!! Our waiter was very friendly as well, catered for our every need and was a lovely guy to talk to. Definitely will be going back.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We arrived on a rainy Sunday evening and were made to feel very welcome. We chose to have the buffet which was only £9.95. The food was a very high standard. We have never had such a wide choice of chutneys etc with our poppadoms. The starters were delicious and the main courses were of an equally high standard. It was nice to have such a varied selection of dishes in the buffet. Our grandson enjoyed his rather large burger and the ice-cream which was presented inside a little toy. It was good to have a separate menu for children.

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,309 helpful votes
“Great food and service. I wish they would open a branch in Manchester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I visited with my family. We all had the buffet which was all really nice, from the poppadoms with a great selection of chutneys to the mixed starters served on a sizzling platter and a good choice of main courses. I had about five different curries from this selection and every one was very tasty and the meat, very tender. In fact I would go as far as saying it's probably the best Indian buffet (where the restaurant also serves a good range of alcoholic drinks) I have ever had and I am including India in this. The service was also excellent and overall, very good value. Highly recommended.

5 Thank Mikeo111
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Excellent buffet meal but needed to be kept warmer.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Visited this restaurant for a quick pre theatre meal on a Tuesday evening so we opted for the £9.95 buffet. We normally avoid buffets as usually the food is bland, a bit non descript and is often not kept warm enough. The poppadoms and sizzling starters were both served to table and were excellent,with only the main courses being self service. The pickle tray accompanying the poppadoms was possibly the most comprehensive I have ever seen. There was a good selection of main courses available and my wife and I tried a good number of them. They were all very tasty and spiced in accordance with how they are meant to be with no dumbing down for the normal buffet selection. My only criticism is that they were not kept hot enough. They were just about warm enough to eat and enjoy the flavours and spices that were very evident in the dishes. Nan breads were supplied to order and were very good. The staff were all very friendly throughout and were very attentive. The manager was on hand to oversee the service and he too was friendly and offered us a drink on the house as he presented the bill, which we gratefully accepted. We will definitely return.

Liverpool
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

In york for one night and ate at the Jinnah restaurant. Myself and my wife had the buffet which was without fault, well presented, excellent service and very well priced. Would recommend to anyone looking for a quality restaurant with excellent food and service.