“Excellent quality”
Review of Cabra Verde Restaurant - CLOSED

Cabra Verde Restaurant
Cuisines: Spanish, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated right in the centre of York on one of York's oldest snickleways this chic and stylish cafe-restaurant resides in a grade 2 listed Victorian building.The building is classically double fronted and from the front door you are lead into a a modern minimalist space which has 34 covers and features stylish tulip tables with deceptively comfortable panton chairs. During the day the restaurant is light, bright and airy and in the evening is candlelit for more intimate dining.
York, United Kingdom
“Excellent quality”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We live in York and were recommended to eat here by a friend ,
We found it to be a charming and unpretentious family run restaurant , although a little on the small side.
The quality of the food was very good and was true to a traditional spanish tapas style of menu. The staff were faultless ; polite , attentive and yet unobtrusive.
Not too expensive for the wonderful food on offer.
Best Tapas in the city of York , .by far

• Visited October 2013

Perth, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We found this restaurant on tripadvisor and thought we'd give it a go as most of the reviews were good. Lovely staff, warm and welcoming atmosphere. And the food...very good indeed; especially liked the octopus special. The chef came out and spoke to us and was genuinely interested in what we thought - a lovely lady.
Well worth a try if you're in York. In fact, go to York just to go to this restaurant.
Top tip - PX mushrooms - dunk the bread in the sauce!!!

Lymington, United Kingdom
“Muy bueno!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

As the restaurant is hidden out of the way down a passage way it's not too busy but definitely worth finding it.

The food was delicious and had good veggie choices, not just the usual veggie tapas options but actually has some thought put into the menu. The staff were lovely and efficient, and we met the chef who comes out into the restaurant to take feedback.

A very enjoyable evening, good value too.

1 Thank Caz-Lymington
York, United Kingdom
“Glad I tried something new.”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I've been meaning to try this place for a while, and for whatever reason I hadn't got round to it. The restaurant is tucked away on a quiet side street that normally I would use as a short-cut between High-Ousegate and Market Street.
On this occasion, I sought the place out - wanting something tasty on my annual Christmas shopping trip which usually ends up and a more traditional pub with a pint and a pie.
Being the first customer of the day, i couldn't say the atmosphere was great - but is certainly built up. Service was pleasant and not rushed at all. The only negative for me, is that this place feels a touch clinical with it's modern plastic seating and simple decor. What's missing, for me, is some of the energy and bustle of a spanish bar.
That said, I was here for rest and food, and the menu had my moth waterings. Accompanied by a daily specials board, the choice wasn't exhaustive (i see this as a positive) but it certainly ticked the boxes for me with octopus, squid, pork, beef and vegetarian options.
Opting for my own tapas choice (rather than the well-priced Tapas for 2 section) i had; Goat stew (with butternut squash and a redline/tomato sauce), squid (Andulusian style with apple and black pudding) and padron peppers.
The goat in particular was outstanding - tender, tasty and a sizable portion. The addition of the fresh mint gave a fresh feel but on a dull day, this dish really warmed me up.
All in all, it was extremely good - quite a surprise for me.
WIth a bocadillo for the wife, a tea and a beer for me, this all came to just shy of £30 (with tip) which I found reasonable.
I will be back - there's pig cheek, pork belly and pan fried sardines I fancy trying next.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Almost great not quite there”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We booked a table for 8.30 on saturday night. On our arrival we were told that the kitchen closes at 9PM. Why were we not told this when we booked? I also considered tapas were an opportunity to take our time over various dishes.

There were two saving graces to what could have been a disastrous night.

Firstly our waitress Chelsea I think she was called was attentive helpful and apologetic. Even it wasn't for her we may have walked out Secondly the head chef came out at the end of the evening 9.45?? to have a chat Nice touch and nice lady

Now for the bad parts. The food took for ever to arrive and we were largely ignored for twenty minutes.
The food was nice, some dishes were mediocre, some were very bland and some outstanding. The chicken livers were great.

This is very nearly a great restaurant Running out of food items and house wine doesn't help The venue is lovely, atmosphere is great and some of the food is great
So close, not sure if it worth our while returning

Visited November 2013