“foc attraction”

and up
The York Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #1 of 207 things to do in York
More attraction details
Owner description: For a fantastic day out for the whole family in York, visit the award winning National Railway Museum. Get up close to over 300 years of fascinating history in York's only National Museum. Explore our giant halls full of trains and railway legends including the majestic Duchess of Hamilton, step on to the futuristic Japanese Bullet Train or marvel at the stunning opulence of the Royal Trains. Get on board awe-inspiring locomotives, watch our engineers at work in the Workshop, uncover hidden treasures in the Warehouse and make tracks to the outdoor area. The children can let off steam in our outdoor play area, and our miniature railway ride is perfect for the whole family. Every weekend and throughout the school holidays, the kids can enjoy a lively programme of events, including science shows, story telling, steam rides, craft activities and special events. Please note that calls to our listed phone number (0844...) cost 4.25p per minute plus your phone company's access charge.
Reviewed September 23, 2012

was 100%better than expected very well run best of all something that is free of charge must be a bonus in this day and age of rip of britain well done yorkshire plenty for enthusiasts to see and plenty to keep children amused

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Great museum--brings back memories of famous name engines--- well kept and restored---plenty of loving work done here. Tea room and workshop full of saved items. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. No charge---make a donation.

1  Thank alexd
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Not being a train buff myself, I agreed to visit with my eager husband as we were in York for the day. It's free to get in so that's a bonus to start with. It's full of beautiful old engines and carriages and I can honestly say that I enjoyed it much more that I thought I would. There are refreshments available to purchase and a lovely shop. Can recommend this to anyone!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

my husband had a wonderful day in the museum,he is home with plenty photographs .a great free day out

Reviewed September 21, 2012

There is so much to see here, especially if you like the history of trains. We spent 4 hours here and could have spent a lot longer but had a long journey to get home.