“Wonderful place and great staff and owner”

Bennett's Cafe & Bistro
Ranked #123 of 970 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bennett's Cafe and Bistro is located right in the heart of York with incredible views of York Minster. Serving wonderful homemade cakes and scones daily, and delicious locally sourced evening meals from 5.30Pm Tuesday-Saturday, Bennett's has something to suit everyones tastes.
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

I commend you greatly for how you handled the cheap reviewer! I read the article about the lemon water and I applaud how you handled it professionally and explained thoroughly the cost of doing business that cheap patrons just refuse to understand.

I been in hospitality most of my adult life. And I want to say thank you for speaking out.

1  Thank BaaMnNYC

Reviewed August 18, 2016

I have visited this establishment many times over the years and always found it to be a good experience. The staff are always friendly and helpful. Most recently we had the Yorkshire breakfast and when my wife said she didn't want the black pudding extra bacon was added. Its probably not the cheapest place in York but the extra few pence feel well spent as i sit with a full view of the Minster watching the world go by. Outside seating is my preferred choice. Food quality is good and has a homemade quality. I've never visited in the evening but would certainly consider this if staying in York.

Reviewed August 17, 2016

Absolutely brilliant in so many ways.
I cannot tell you how amusing it is to read the negative reviews... I have worked in catering for 15 years. Not only is this establishment clean, offers tasty food and beverages at a reasonable price with friendly service... But the owner and staff are actually confident and truthful, making them funny and real.
Refreshing establishment, refreshing attitude, fabulous online responses.... Thank you very much :D

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank fruitnbarley
Reviewed August 16, 2016

This is a small restaurant, which we found very relaxing (for much of the evening at least). The menu is imaginative, and the food is of excellent quality, beautifully cooked and presented. So why a rating of only 3?
The restaurant does not admit customers after 9pm. By that time on the evening we were there, almost half the tables were still occupied with diners having dessert or coffee. This meant the kitchen and wait staff had more or less finished their usual tasks, and decided to clear up, presumably so they could get away more quickly. This was a noisy and intrusive process. Then they decided to use spray cleaner on the empty tables - not expected outside a fast food joint, unforgiveable here where tables are close together. We would not have been surprised if they had got the vacuum cleaner out. A real downer in what should be a classy restaurant

6  Thank pgwill
Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

This place we chose from the vast myriad of evening dining choices in York and we liked it so much that after looking around at other places the following evening we ended up going back a second time!

I believe the food choices are different during the day and it's more of a cafe but can only talk about the evening bistro.

Not a huge menu but definitely enough choice to ensure there is something you would like. The staff were very friendly and helpful and we would be happy to go there again when in York next !