“Fast, Filling & Cheap.”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We went here for our lunch as part of our day trip to York. We were pleased that the buffet had been extended until 5pm as we arrived quite late. The staff were very chatty and friendly. We all had the buffet and found it to be excellent value. For the first 15 minutes or so, there was very little on the buffet and I was feeling a bit concerned. But then pizzas started coming out thick and fast and were snapped up in double quick time. Staff were constantly checking the salad bar and refilling where they needed to. The pasta wasn't monitored though and was not refilled the whole time we were there, despite one being empty and the other being nearly empty. We ordered unlimited soft drinks and the staff were really good at filling these up. We were pleasantly surprised at the bill, which was less than £30 for 3 adults and 2 kids.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We visited early evening and chose from the non pizza part of the menu. We had lasagne, mushroom ravioli and garlic bread, plus plenty of salad.

The food arrived promptly and couldn't have been nicer.

The waiter was keen to please, and knew the local area for directions. He also checked if everything was in order a few mins after we started eating. Something sadly lacking in many establishments.

The only disappointment was the state of the ladies toilet.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I took my four grandchildren for lunch here last Saturday. The restaurant staff were sweet, friendly and helpful - but there it ended. One of the big attractions for my grandchildren was the salad buffet - but it was dirty, and all the different containers had their contents mixed up - clearly no one was keeping an eye on the buffet bar. Occasionally dishes were filled up, but nothing was cleaned or made good. My three youngest grandchildren had the childrens' menu and ordered pizza. I was embarrassed by what arrived. The base was a cross between a water biscuit and a pappadum - a tiny piece of biscuit like base with two cherry tomatoes and a teaspoonful of ham. My elder grandaughter and I had opted for the lunch buffet of pasta and pizza. The pasta was a remnant at the bottom of a bain marie pan, I tried the bolognese and it was grim to say the least. the four pizzas were all the same, with chorizo, which we don't like, so we kept having to return to the buffet in the hope that something would materialise that we did like. When finally, a margerita pizza arrived, we took a slice and found that the base was undercooked, still very doughy. The restaurant was at best half full, but the catering left a huge amount to be desired. Even the children have said they won't visit Pizza Hut again.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I went here the other day with my mate on a busy afternon. Well attended by the staff and given a table. The food served was a commendable an the environment was really nice. Overall great place and value for money.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Excellent customer service by all staff and Stephen in particular.

I was delighted to find they do gluten free pizza and ordered a plain Margarita one-9" square, plus salad from the salad bar. Have to say the pizza was delicious and so filling I couldn't finish it.

Hubby had a deep pan Hawaiin plus salad.

Service was very impressive and all the staff helpful and interested.
A large party came in near the end of our meal but were accommodated quickly and efficiently.

Having just arrived in York that evening it wasn't initially our intention to eat at Pizza Hut but other restaurants were busy so choice of somewhere to eat was therefore limited.

But we are glad we made the choice to eat there in the end.