2,178 results
All reviews race course grandstand room leisure club balcony overlooking leisure facilities race track city centre the penthouse steam room and sauna two double beds lovely hotel reception staff public areas buffet style large room bus stop family room
Reviewed September 14, 2015 via mobile

This hotel is lovely. It's extremely appealing inside and looks very welcoming and clean. The staff are friendly and polite and didn't sound like robots like you get in most places! At first out card key didn't work and it got sorted out within 5 minutes. Excellent service! The dining area is a little pricy so we decided to nip down the road to a steak house which was lovely. We spent a lot of time in the spa area which was super relaxing. Even has GHD's in the ladies changing rooms, which were also very well maintained and clean. Couldn't fault the weekend away we had. Will return :-)

Stayed: September 2015
Ilja I, Guest Relations Manager at York Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2015

Dear Pushkings,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the York Marriott Hotel.

It is really rewarding to receive such kind comments about our hosts and the service they deliver, which I will be sure to pass on to all our staff members. I am so pleased that we left such a positive impression on your stay and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to York.

Reviewed September 13, 2015

We wanted to spend a few days in York as we'd never been and eventually chose the Marriott. Parking in York is limited and this hotel has a large car park and buses into the city right outside. I booked a superior room with a king size bed as we're no longer slim like we used to be! We had a room overlooking the race course with a small study with desk, tv and sofa. A small 15 foot corridor containing the wardrobes, tea/coffee/biscuit facilities and fridge led from study into a large bedroom with another tv. Bathroom was large with shower over the bath ~ there was plenty of space for toiletries on the marble surface surrounding the sink.

We thoroughly enjoyed our few days in York, despite the mostly drizzly weather. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if in the area. Room was clean with iron, ironing board, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits and bottled water daily. The large bed was extremely comfortable.

On the Sunday when we arrived there'd been a wedding in the lovely garden. We had a drink in the bar and went to our room just before 10pm. Shortly afterwards we witnessed a magnificent firework display lasting at least 15 minutes. The wedding guests all watched from the terrace and we had a superb view from our large bedroom windows. A great start.

Breakfast was buffet style, with eggs/omelettes cooked to order if required. There was a decent selection of fruit, cereals, yoghurts etc. It was very busy on the Monday, but less busy on the other days, so it was easy to find a table. All staff were very friendly and helpful and served tea and coffee at the table.

Room Tip: We asked for high floor ~ we were allocated one overlooking the gardens and race course.
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple

Dear Marina,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your detailed review about the York Marriott Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and the room which had all necessary amenities. I am also happy to know that you witnessed a magnificent firework from your room.

We look forward to welcome you back to the York Marriott hotel in the nearest future.

Reviewed September 13, 2015

We have just got back from a 2 nights stay at the York Marriott and we could not fault it we were in room 31 it was comfortable and clean we had breakfast and dinner in the restaurant both days and really enjoyed all meals the staff were very helpful and friendly especially Marie and thank you to llja for getting my wifi up and running excellent trip would recommend

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple

Dear Sdneary,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful 5-star review on Tripadvisor.

I am very glad to hear that you had a great experience in our restaurant and the staff members were helpful and friendly. I will surely pass on your comments onto the teams who will be thrilled to hear that their hard work has been noticed and appreciated!

We look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the York Marriott soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2015

This hotel is located a few miles from city centre so quite convenient. The staff is excellent, with wonderful attitude and willingness to offer whatever assistance is needed. Many rooms overlook the raceway and a lovely garden. Our room was spacious and in the original part of the hotel, so a bit older. There is also a modern section, with many rooms fitted with a balcony. The restaurant, where we had both dinner and breakfast, is very modern and the food good. Very happy with our stay.

Room Tip: The race course view rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple

Dear Tobique,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us here at the York Marriott hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and especially our location and staff service. We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Best regards

Reviewed September 12, 2015

Stayed one night .Not great not awful just ok for a country as old as they are they could up grade the rooms a bit Beds really small I am 6'4 230 bed is little tub had slick sides but did have hand holds but I felt uncomfortable the could change that be for they get a lawsuit .staff friendly place was clean. I guess English do not use face cloths cause we always had to ask for them .Breakfast good plenty to choose from not Shure of the price all inclusive on the hole ok

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
Ilja I, Guest Relations Manager at York Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2015

Dear Tim,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review.

I am glad to hear that you found our staff members’ friendly, hotel clean and enjoyed our plentiful breakfast in the morning. With regards to your other comments, I have addressed them to the relevant Managers.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the nearest future.

Kindest Regards,