1,081 results
All reviews dormouse pub park and ride city centre pub next door bus stop bus service quiet location ring road good nights sleep continental breakfast free parking family room no lift room was clean and comfortable reception staff would definitely stay here again an evening meal
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Booked this trip rather late as it was planned as a "pick me up" after a rather stressful week .Not sure if you can get deals if you book in advance but I thought £109 was rather steep?The hotel is situated a couple of miles outside the town centre but as anther reviewer mentioned there is a nice walk into town down by the river.As the weather was good this is what we did and also came back the same way with no hassle.We initially got to the hotel approx 10am and was greeted by a friendly and efficient chap on reception who took all our details and payment including two breakfasts for the following morning.As we were early the room wasn't ready however he offered to store our bags and gave us our key cards for later.We had a full day in York which was lovely and returned as I mentioned earlier via the river walk and the "Door mouse" pub next door we sat in the sun and had a beer.The room was clean and equipped with all the essentials and the bed was comfy.We crashed out for a couple of hours before showering and returning to the pub next door for a bite to eat.The shower was good however not ideal for a tall person like myself as you always have to bend slightly to wash your hair which does hurt the back somewhat?The bathroom area was in a little need for a makeover though?Whoever fitted the previous bathroom suite went a little mad with the silicon and it looked a real mess!Only other complaint was the kettle .I grew a beard waiting for it to boil and it wasn't even full:)Brilliant nights sleep and a brilliant breakfast!We would definitely stay here again but would hope to pay less?one thing that is annoying is the "30 minutes free" Wifi!Stop being so tight!!!!Just another thing the pub next door was lovely and the food was delicious (sea bass with Mediterranean vegetables )York was the ideal "pick me up" and the hotel played a massive part.Keep up the good work and send me some gift vouchers please:)

Room tip: Walk into town by the river if the weather is fine?Turn right out f the hotel towards the church. Just before you get to the church take the path on the left and you are on your way 30mins max!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark C
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight on business - late night arrival and early morning departure so only a brief stay.

Fantastic friendly and professional staff on reception and at breakfast. Felt really welcome.

Good location, quiet, plenty car parking and pub next door.

Room standard Premier Inn fare, decent size; everything worked well and was clean.

However there was a really horrible smell from the sink drain which I see other reviewers have noted on both ground and first floors. Really did smell like something has died somewhere in the drains!

Breakfast was well organised, pleasant and peaceful. Disappointed there were no croissants available at 8am, and the first yoghurt I chose from the good selection presented was actually 2 days past its use-by date - I'm glad I checked the lid before eating it.

Overall very pleasant stay and would certainly return, but maybe a bit more attention to detail is needed. I'd be surprised if the drain smell hasn't attracted many adverse comments from guests yet it's still there.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank UncleFreddysDead
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Stayed two nights in this hotel which is of the usual Premier Inn standard -comfortable, clean and good service. Very handy for getting into the city as there is a bus stop (no.2 bus every 10mins) on the main road outside. £3.70 gets yo an all day ticket for use on all the local buses. There is a pleasant walk to the city along the river which takes a good 30 mins.
Would return here and happy to recommend.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nick-Wokingham
Reviewed August 27, 2014

A thoroughly enjoyable overnight stay at this Premier Inn.

Easy to find, good car parking. Excellent welcome from the receptionist who couldn't have been more helpful.

Very clean, bedrooms spotless and well equipped.

Very good breakfast in the morning, polite staff and good food, well presented and cooked with plenty of options.

I would certainly stay here again and it has the bonus of being very close to the Park and Ride system.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Steve_Ellwood_13
Reviewed August 26, 2014

The room was small and very scruffy, the bathroom had seen better days, the heater in the bedroom had been vandalised at some point, an effort had been made to remove the graffiti but I wonder why they didn't replace the heater

• Trip type: Traveled with family