Stayed here over the long Easter weekend with my wife a two kids (ages 2 & 4).
First, the good - brilliant staff (how Premier Inn always seem to manage to employ friendly, helpful people I have no idea!). They even brought in a tame live "easter bunny" for the kids. Parking was good, hotel clean and tidy enough. Great location with easy access to bus services into York. Pub next door has good food (but quite pricey and we couldn't get a table the day we arrived).
- Noise. Some audible voices from other rooms, but mainly a persistent humming noise that didn't stop all night. Bathroom fans from adjoining rooms quite noisy.
- Small rooms. With four of us in a room there wasn't room to swing a cat. Or rather, open a suitcase.
- No bath - not a problem for me, but the kids tend to cry and scream if you shove them in the shower.
- No shaver socket that I could find.
- No lift, so a few stairs to heft your luggage up if you're on the first floor.
I'll probably try somewhere else on my next trip and give this one a miss.More
- Free Wifi
- Breakfast included