“Lovely character hotel”

Ranked #21 of 46 Hotels in York
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Lovely character hotel”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We spent a weekend here for our wedding anniversary. The hotel is well maintained and full of character, pretty gardens and good facilities.
It is very much geared up as a wedding venue which is probably why it's so well presented. I was worried that we would feel like second class citizens as we were not part of the wedding taking taking place but we were still well looked after at breakfast and upgraded to a four poster room which was beautiful.
It's a great base to explore the city either on foot or by bus.
We would also recommend The House of the Trembling Madness for a quirky lunch in town and El Gaucho for a fantastic Argentinian steak meal in the evening.

1 Thank happydays29

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed one night on 7 th July. Not sure what to expect as Best Western hotels have a very mixed standard. We were pleasantly surprised, a lovely set out hotel that gives an alfresco feel particularly on a sunny day. The staff are well trained, tentative and always with a smile. Our room was small but spotlessly clean as was the rest of the hotel. Though we did not eat at the hotel we did have breakfast which was lovely. Though a bit out of the city centre it is worth it, there is a bus that stops outside the hotel goes into the city for £2.10.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Me and my husband had our wedding reception at the Pavilion and they made our day just perfect.

The wedding planners, Kate and Sophie are brilliant - they arranged everything and made sure we had our dream wedding day. Nothing was too much trouble and anything we asked for was arranged quickly making the planning process enjoyable! The venue is gorgeous and our pictures from the day are amazing!!

Rob, the Master of Ceremony was also fantastic - he made sure we were relaxed on the day and ensured that everything ran smoothly.

We would not have changed a thing about the day and the Pavilion did us proud.

The honeymoon suite is gorgeous too!

We would 100% recommend anyone to have their wedding at the Pavilion based on our experience and we are very pleased we chose the Pavilion! Its a beautiful building with lovely staff who made sure we had a perfect wedding day.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My hubby and I have just enjoyed a lovely short break in York. We chose this hotel after seeing the good reviews on here but were surprised to turn up to find a bathroom that was far from spotless. The base of the shower was chipped and had residues of soap scum. The room and hallways were quite humid despite the weather not being overly hot, fans are available but if you're a light sleeper you might not want to use one overnight.
The staff however were friendly and helpful and the location is a 20-30 minute walk into the city centre so it wasn't all bad.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have just returned from a one night stay at the York pavilion hotel. We were attending a wedding at the hotel, so decided to stay over night. Our overall experience was excellent. The hotel itself was was very clean with nice a decor. The bar and lounge areas had a very looked after and homely feel. Our room, which was a standard room, was a good size and I was was pleasantly surprised to see a walk in wardrobe/dressing room in there. The bedroom and ensuite were absolutely spotlessly clean.
As a wedding venue I would say it was perfect, especially if you wanted to have a Low key wedding, as the convention rooms were not too big. The staff were all very pleasant and attentive to their guests. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone who wanted to have a short break in York, as it is in an ideal location close to the centre.

Oldham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 5 nights and can only support the positive comments made by previous reviewers. We were comfortable and the room was well maintained. The staff were all extremely pleasant, welcoming and helpful and made our stay very enjoyable. The local '7' bus made getting in and out of York very easy as it was a very frequent service. We would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

My Farther And I stopped at this hotell for lunch on the way home from a day in York. The first thing that stuck me as odd were the scruffy bar staff in jeans and tshirt hanging around one member in uniform.
We ordered drinks but we had to wait a long time and nobody offered to bring them outside once they were ready despite the fact my Farther is old and struggles walking. No body cme to take our food order so I went back in and ordered there seemed more confusion with the ordering system on the till.
The lunch took fourty mins to come when it did my steak was over cooked and it was poor cut of meat compounding the problem making it dry and chewy. My chips did not turn up and I had to leave my meal to go in search of them. No body came to ask how the meals were or if would like mor drinks , so off I went for the third time to order more drinks. If it had not have been a long time since my ill farther had been out of lunch I would have made more of a fuss but I did not want to spoil our day out. All in all expected much better service and food was average have eaten better at half the price. We looked at this venue 12 months ago for our wedding very glad we gave it a miss !!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family