“York 2013”

Ranked #38 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Helen W
-Helen-Eades-, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

There are newer reviews for Ibis York Centre

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We Stayed for three nights from 16th December ,Arrived at hotel lunchtime and had no problem parking in rear car park. Receptionists where polite and helpful during our stay. Our room at the front on the third floor was basic but clean, spacious and the bed comfy.The breakfast had a good variety and backed up by friendly staff. Location of hotel is excellent to sightsee

1  Thank darrendeighton
-Helen-Eades-, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind review of the hotel.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and would like to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank nbscotsgolfer
-Helen-Eades-, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Outside and the reception seem really nice when you walk in. Upstairs and the rooms are a lot different. The window might well not be there its that noisy. Im well aware its on a busy street but still too loud and the walls paper thin. Shower was either too hot or freezing. There were hairs in the bathroom. Staff on the front desk werent best either not acknowledging hello and goodbye.

Price for the room was too much with the 'Christmas tax' around £100 per night. I expect the simple things at least to be done.

A good location but thats it. York is great just not here.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

I am dissapointed to hear that the hotel did not meet your expectations during your stay.

If you would like to discuss your stay further please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

This is budget hotel located close to York city centre and railway station, it has a modern, fresh bar and reception, on site parking and really good staff. The room was very clean with nice fresh bedding. The bed itself was very comfortable and I had a good nights sleep. The shower was warm and powerful. I only stayed for one night on business and the price was very competitive and there is free on site parking which is a rarity for York. The staff were wonderful and a credit to the hotel. As you can see there are some positives.

However there are some negatives: The car park is very small and tight for space. On street parking or other car parking in the local area is very limited and expensive. The rooms are cold and tired with a distinctly 1980's feel. They are in desperate need of an overhaul. The room was also noisy in the morning as it overlooked one of the main routes into York. The bathroom is tiny and the air conditioner/heater didn't seem to do anything. The communal areas need a good refresh has everything just seems dated and a bit tired. The breakfast, whilst bountiful, was very poor.

With a decent refurbishment of the rooms the hotel could be a great budget location, however at present the whole feel (apart from the reception and bar/restaurant) is dated and tired.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review.
I have taken on board the comments you have made and will ensure that these comments are passed on to the relivent departments.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

From the outside this hotel looked great. The reception and bar areas are bright clean and fresh look great. The girls on reception are helpful and very friendly. Then time for the room. Small dark and grubby. The room had coffee stains on the wall and also what looked like blood stains down the wall. The sofa had that many stains on it I even placed a towel on it before I put my case down. The bed was lumpy and sheets grubby. The shower room was small with dirty grouting. The carpet was dirty and I made sure I had my skippers on. This was my first visit to an ibis and will be my last.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
-Helen-Eades-, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

I am sorry that you found the hotel to not meet your needs during your stay.

I will ensure that all the points you have raised are investigated and improvements are carried out.

I can assure you that this is not the usual experience you will have in ibis hotels and hope that you will choose ibis in the future, for a guenuine hassle free stay.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We have stayed in a number of Ibis Hotels around the UK and found they fit our budget perfectly.
An average quality for an average budget.... Or so we thought,

We booked in for the Saturday and Sunday night ( Saturday being premium rate) and as this was an Ibis we thought we would be ok,but how wrong we were.
After a short wait at reception due to a stag party checking in ( which clearly panicked the receptionist) we made our way up to the first floor.We opened our door with the room key to be greeted with another flight of 5 stairs going down into the room ( something which wouldn't look out of place in Fawlty Towers!).
I never knew floorboards could make such a noise by walking on them.At this point I wasn't thinking Fawlty Towers I was thing more Hammer House of Horror.
It was the whole room and the outside corridor too,so when people walked outside the door you could hear the floorboards creaking until they had passed.
The room wasn't vacuumed the whole time we were there and the bedside table was hanging off so we couldn't put anything on it either,also the bed had a slight lean to it.It didn't look much of a lean but when you were in the bed you could notice it.
In the evening we went out for a meal and when we returned back to the room for the night thinking nothing else could go wrong, what a mistake that was.At about 1am the people in the above room came back after a night out and to our horror we found that the floorboards on the next level were as bad as our level.This meant that we had to listen to floorboards for about an hour until they went to sleep as they were walking about.
This has left a very bitter taste in our mouths as we think of them as one up from a Travelodge but to be honest I've never been in a Travelodge this bad.
The only positives I can think of is the Wifi and the breakfast area which looks recently renovated.

For the price we paid we could have found something better.

Room Tip: Pick the Travelodge down the road!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

I am dissapointed to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us.

I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the relivent departments in order to carry out improvements where necessary.

I hope that you will continue to use ibis hotels in the future.