“Great Place To Stay”

Ranked #38 of 46 Hotels in York
Bishopton, United Kingdom
“Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

A first class location , 10 minute stroll to town, good bars ,restaurants nearby . Hotel staff good not be more welcoming. I was in charge of a group of 18 people, the staff could not be more helpful from check- in to check -out.
Dont be put of by the small lifts the rooms are decent and clean ,breakfast was good.

I work out of York for business, I have found my new accom.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

-Helen-Eades-, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
I am pleased to hear that you have had such a positive 1st experience with us.

When you book with us again in the future please either visit the ibis web site or call Lisa direct at the hotel for the best available rates

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Thai first
Manchester, UK
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night, but that was enough. The lobby looks good - clean and modern - but the problems start at check in and get far worse when you open the door to your room. The receptionists seemed far more interested in carrying on with their conversations than with checking people in which made the whole process painfully slow. Away from the lobby, the whole hotel is in desperate need of refurbishment. The corridors are horrible, and the rooms not much better. My room was dirty (especially the carpet and bathroom) and the sheet did not seem to fit the bed. Moreover, the walls were paper thin so it was very difficult to get any kind of rest (or sleep).

One to avoid.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
-Helen-Eades-, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I am dissapointed to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us.

It does seem that you felt let down by the reception team upon check in, for which I apologise. I will of course investigate this issue you found with the reception team, but I would like to state that this is very out of keeping with the usual comments I recieve regarding any of my team.

I am sorry that the corridors and bedrooms were not to your taste, decor does always depend on personal taste.

I will pass on your comments to my head housekeeper and ensure that improvements are made where necessary.

Thank you for your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these York hotels

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2013

staff excellent, rooms excellent, good all round hotel. downside no free wifi tv channels very limited unless you pay extra, designed to make extra revenue. some of the cooked breakfast nearer cold than hot.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

-Helen-Eades-, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that you were not informed during your stay that we have free Wi Fi in our public areas of the hotel and I will pass on your comments to my food & beverage supervisor, who will ensure that the breakfast is piping hot for every guest.
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel is within easy reach of York centre. It has bars and restaurants close by. it has its own free car park. The hotel itself is adequate. The bedroom seemed a bit tired, though it was clean and the bed comfy. Breakfast had a good choice, though on the 2 mornings we were there the 'hot selection' was barely warm. Staff were all very pleasant, efficient and cheerful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
-Helen-Eades-, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased that enjoyed your stay with us.

I will passon your comments to my food and beverage supervisor, who will ensure that the breakfast served daily is keep to the very beast of standards.
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels around the world, but the staff at the Ibis in York we're amongst the friendliest that I have ever come across, a real credit to the company.

The only downside to the stay was that the new beds do seem quite narrow and I'm not particularly big, and although I found them comfortable the width negated a good nights sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for very positive comments regarding your stay.

My staff do work very hard to give every guest a great experience at the hotel, so I am pleased to hear that their efforts have been appriciated.

I am dissapointed to hear that you found our beds too narrow for you during your recent stay, this is out of the ordinary for the usual comments we have regarding our new beds.
Ch-9012 St. Gallen
Reviewed April 21, 2013

the location is very good parking was also good
the service at the reception was adequate and friendly
the size of the room was OK - the carpet flooring was disgustingly dirty
the shower was large enough and clean
we stayed for 3 days and the bed was made but the floor was not once cleaned
the breakfast was skimpy, the sausage was dry at the ends, the fruitsalad was brown and not fresh, the english breakfast was OK except for the scrambled egg and the coffee good

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for leacving your review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you found the location and the parking facilities suited your needs during your stay.

I have passed on your comments to both my head housekeeper and food and beverage supervisor to see where improvements can be made for our guests.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Staff at reception were friendly & courteous. The rooms were extremely overheated to the point of being unbearable. A fan was provided which helped slightly. Room Service was poor. One day the duvet was pulled up over an unmade bed which upon being reported was kindly made by young girl from reception. This should never happen. An apology and a bottle of wine was given me. Overall the hotel is old, needs re carpeting, painting, and new floorboards etc. I stay in Ibis hotels frequently but would not stay at Ibis York again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

-Helen-Eades-, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for leaving your feedback.

I'm pleased to hear that my reception team helped to rectify the issue you experienced with the housekeeping of your bed. I have spoken to my head housekeeper who will carry our retarining with her team.

I will pass on your comments to the relivent team when an upgrade of the hotel is due.