“Ibis York”

Ranked #37 of 45 Hotels in York
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Ibis York”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Friendly staff, excellent value for money, good sized clean rooms and in an excellent location
Only one minor irritation; there was no VAT number on the receipt, which is required s i was there on business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank marksutton2001
Helen E, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
i am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

In regards to your invoice not having a VAT number, it seems that your invoice was not printed on our usual headed paper. Should you still require a a VAT receipt please contact the hotel directly in order for us to post or e mail a copy for you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Thai first
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I paid £99 for a double room for 1 night, and what a rip off. The room is tiny, has an electric heater which is kept in a cupboard because there's no radiators. The tiles and sealer in the shower room are filthy and as for the curtains and carpets well they are fine if your from the 60's. talk about major disappointment. Oh yeh also you have 5 channels on tv and the wifi is £9.99 per night. Please save your cash and book somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013
I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us.

We provide an extra heater in our rooms because some guests do prefer to have their rooms warmer than others, this is an extra that we provide on top of the heating system we have in every room.

I will also inform my head housekeeper about the issues you have raised on your review of the hotel, who will of couse carry out improvments where necessary.

Travelers are raving about these York hotels

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Second time to this hotel and the facilities,service and food has not changed at all.
Excellent yet again,couple that with the great location( town centre,takeaways,restaurant's and bars)look no further for great stay at a real budget price ( I got it for £28-50 per night)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rampantrobin
Thank you for choosing to once again stay with us at Ibis York.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your second visit as much as your first and we look forward to welcoming you back for you third visit in the near future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Emphasis on the 'cheap' in cheap and cheerful. Firstly I'd like to say the girl on reception was very helpful and deserves a reward as there was no sight or sound of any manager! When I arrive checked in and walked to my room it was like walking through a prison, unkept and decor from the 70's! I was there on business and had to iron some shirts for work, no big deal you may think... They have an ironing room (still in cell block h style) and the iron was black and burnt, naturally leaving marks on my shirt. I explained at reception but there was no other iron so I just got an apology. I asked to speak to the manager but he/she obviously had better things to do and was not around. I didn't even stay the night but the receptionist was brilliant and have me an instant full refund. I'm now in a lovely, warm (and with my own iron) hotel at the same price. Lesson learnt, do your research and have a good look round. Ill never go near the ibis again in fact the experience has put me off the chain!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Sparkster74
I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us.

Decor is always a down to personal taste and I'm sorry that you did not like our decor on during your recent visit.

Our ironing room is checked numerous times daily, in order to ensure that there is not damage to the facilities. Unfortunately we are unable to check this room 24 hours a day and if a guest burns the iron we do replace it as soon as we see any damage. I apologise if you found damage to the iron during your stay.

On the evening that you asked to speak to me, I had finished work for the day. As with any other day I am on call for my team to contact me at home which they did, in order for me to give authorisation to refund you for your stay.

I am pleased to hear that you found Leanne on reception helpful to you during your stay, I will pass on your kind words regarding her efforts.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in January as a city/shopping break in York. The staff were friendly and I think it's great that you can park for free at the hotel. The hotel is a short walk from the city centre. The decor was the usual for Ibis style hotels. The room didn't seem to have been checked very well, light bulbs missing, pillow cases missed off etc. The heater had 2 wheels missing so had to be leant up against the wall. Overall, nothing major! Would stay again...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will ensure that your comments are followed up by my maintenence manager.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis York in the future.