Ibis York Centre
  • Room Service
$111
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
$56
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
$77
$110
$95
Travelocity
2,041 results
All reviewstrain stationfree parkingwould stay againyork centrebed was very comfortablemin walkwalk in showercar parkingcouple of nightsstayed for one nightshort breakwithin easy walking distancetea and coffeefull englishyogurtleannemicklegate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 13, 2012

i stayed here in april for a night on a trip to york.

upon arriving there was no where to park as they only have about 8 spaces, so i had to pay 80p an hour to park there. the hotel itself is clean and tody.

The beds were horrendous. a tiny mattress about 4 cm thick on a piece of wood with 6 legs attached to it. you can even breathe without it sqeaking.

ok if you get a cheap price but other than that avoid

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Helen E, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review.

I'm sorry that you could not find parking at the hotel during your stay, we do have 27 spaces, but being a city cenre hotel we are unable to expand our car parking facilities. Should you wish to visit us in the future please call into reception who will be more than happy to direct you to a nearby car park which you will find avalible at £5.00 for 24 hours.

We are having new beds at the hotel this year, so you should find any future stays more comfortable.

Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

Arrived to a chilly reception by Nicola the receptionist ! No eye contact, smile or warm welcome ( room number 335) just told you can use the stairs or lifts!!
Room had a slanted roof with window in roof! Could not open it As Broken! ( had read reveiw from someone about this room and it was broken 2 mths ago) there may aswell Not have been any glass in it as noise from road outside was so loud( traffic lights right outside so constant traffic day & night) ( think this Needs to be fixed) also "blind" as good as a chocolate ashtray ! Bright light blaring through at 5 am!
Bathroom Really Clean ( shower kept running hot then cold)
Cleaners need to move beds to clean around legs( beds are only boards so shudnt be a problem) also vac upto skirting boards!
Bedding quilts & pillow cases Very Clean & towels.
Very noisy late at night due to groups ov men Comming in ( Not hotels fault) but someone on reception should take note of them when they come in and check they don't disturb other customers!!
When we left noticed same person on reception so didn't bother checking out as didn't fancy another "cold shoulder"
Location Very Good, Overall Nice stay in Very Budgit Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
I will address the issues that you have mentioned witht the relevent departments.
Please feel free to come back in the future to experience a hassle free stay.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

stayed for one night the reception area is spotless and modern, shame the rooms arent as upto date. rooms need a lick of paint and updating but for one night and the price you pay its okay. we had no problems with noise, a short walk into lovely york centre (which is a stag and hen haven)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Helen E, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2012

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our city.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I'm happy to hear that you had a quiet stay and any group we may have had at the hotel during your stay didn't cause any distubance to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We had a nice stay with freinds at the Ibis a little noisy but York seems to be Stag and Hen Central, so no matter where you stay I suspect there will be someone coming back late worse for wear ! The rooms were averaged size but very clean with nice Bathrooms, There was a varied choice for breakfast. I would recomend this hotel to a freind and would certainly go back. A good location about a 10 minute walk to the center. Thumbs Up

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your 'thumbs up' review.

We do from time to time have groups at the hotel, but like you say where ever you go in york you will tend to find groups. I am happy to find that this didn't impact on your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Our stay at the Ibis was a mixed bag. We stayed for the better part of a week prior to moving to York (staying in a hotel was actually cheaper than commuting to work by train), so in this case, the Ibis was a budget-friendly option. On the plus side, the Ibis is in a convenient location for the city centre and the train station. Check in was a bit chaotic, and the woman who checked me appeared somewhat disinterested in helping the customers. We had booked a double room, but on arrival we were allocated a room with two twin beds. I was told that no other rooms were available and that I could check back the next day to see if one might be free. Our room was large and furnished with two twin beds (essentially wooden platforms with foam-like mattresses), a wall-mounted tv that was positioned to the far side of the room, open hanging space and a small desk with a chair. We pushed the beds together, and the staff was able to bring us a large duvet that would cover both beds. The bathroom was fairly large, with a shower but no bathtub. Handsoap and shower gel/shampoo were provided in a dispenser in the shower. Tea and coffee making supplies were also provided along with a kettle. Our room was located on a down the corridor and around the corner from the lift and accessible by climbing a few stairs, so this might not be a good option for someone with mobility issues.

I checked with the desk clerk about a room change the following morning and was told to check back that afternoon. When I came back later in the day, I was told that we could change rooms but that I would need to pack up our belongings, bring the cases to the lobby and then I would be told the new room number. The woman I dealt was helpful and apologetic for not being able to sort the issue out sooner. The new room was much smaller than the previous room, but it did have a double bed, which was more comfortable than those in the previous room. The new room was furnished and stocked in a similar manner to the first room. One drawback was that the tv was mounted on the wall in a way that made viewing difficult unless sitting on one side of the bed. The housekeeping staff did a fine job cleaning the room each day, sufficient towels were provided and supplies for tea and coffee restocked each day. We slept reasonably well, though the noise from the corridor was more noticeable than in some other hotels we've stayed in. Overall, we had a decent enough stay for the price we paid.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind review regarding your hotel rooms during your recent stay.

I was most concerned to learn of the way in which you had been spoken to by a member of my team. You should always find the staff at Ibis to be helpful and professional and I am very sorry that this is not the impression you left with. Please be assured that I have undertaken further staff training in order to address the lapse in service that you have highlighted.

I am happy to find that our hotel rooms met your needs.

I hope that your move to York goes smoothly and that you enjoy our city and all it has to offer.