“Beautiful hotel, Amazing staff. Fantastic facilities. Everything was perfect !”

Best Western Kilima Hotel
Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here for a weekend trip on 7th June 13. We are delighted with our stay.
We were welcomed at reception by Chris who was very friendly and helpful. He showed us to our room and explained everything about the facilities.
Our room (room 21) was spacious, quiet, light and clean, there were generous tea and coffee supplies and our bed was comfortable. Bathroom had a lovely powerful shower and was clean. The free WiFi could be picked up in our room also which was great.
We used the leisure facilities in the hotel and they were perfect. The swimming pool was clean and the temperature was just right. Changing areas were also very clean and had supplies of shampoo ect. The gym was well equipped too.
Breakfast was a hot, freshly cooked full English with a hot drink and toast. There was also fresh fruit, juices and cereal too. Delicious !
The hotel is a comfortable walk from the town and train station.
There is a big car park at the rear if you travel by car.
I can honestly say everything about this hotel is perfect.
I have not one negative thing to say apart from I wish we could of stayed longer.
Well done Best Western Kilima and thank you.
We will be returning soon. Patrick and Sarah x

Stayed: June 2013
There are newer reviews for Best Western Kilima Hotel

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The staff were so friendly and helpful and the breakfast were spot on (get the full English)The steam room and sauna felt amazing after a long walk around York and best of all were free of charge. The hotel itself was old and dated the floors creaked in the bedroom and corridors and the room/ensuite were so small. Over all I'd probably stay again but only if bigger more modern rooms are available.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Booked this hotel for a Business trip and was not dissapointed, very nice room although the bathroom was not the best however the rest of the hotel was very nice.
The breakfast in the morning was freshly cooked to order and was first class, I would most definately stay here again

Room Tip: I had a room facing the rear of the Hotel and found it very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed in Best Western Kilima Hotel for a night due to IELTS exam which held in Melton College on the next morning. For you who might have the same reason to go to York, I think it's a good decision to spend a night in Kilima hotel as it's just 2-3 minutes walk to Melton College rather than rushing from the train station. The hotel are nice and clean although it is a little bit old fashioned. The room and the en-suite bathroom are comfortable and suitable for my needs. The breakfast was superb and provided you with a lot of selection. The egg and smoked salmon tasted delicious :). The staffs are really friendly and helpful. They even told me a shortcut to the railway station. Yay :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2013

we only booked a one night stay spare of the moment. on arrival we were met by Matt at reception very happy to help showed us to our room,and advised us of the local shops pubs and life in york.
we stayed at this hotel for our main meal that evening and were served by Chris again very happy to help and with friendly converstation to make us feel comfortable. Our meals were to die for especially the steak and chicken dishes.
our room was comfortable and had all we required for our nights stay we overlooked the car park at the back, this was a very quiet room and we were very happy.
we would stay again,
Chris and Matt thanks boys.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The staff here are some of the nicest I have encountered... really excellent.
The hotel is clean, and in a quiet location.
However the rooms are old fashioned, as are the bathrooms and in general need of some TLC - very old bed in my room which groaned every time I moved.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I feel really bad for writing this. Firstly I want everyone to know that the staff in this hotel are fabulous, couldn't do enough for you and basically really friendly. I stay in the York/ Leeds area a few nights each month for work. This hotel is clean and really there is nothing wrong with it, it just wasn't for me. It was very dated and twee which is great if you like that sort of thing and unfortunately I'm really not a fan. Its the chinz curtains, bedspreads and patterned carpets too much in all the areas. This hotel does have a car park which was one of the reasons I decided to stay here, and that was great, right behind the hotel.

Can really comment on breakfast as all I had was cereal and toast. What I will say is that I wouldn't stay here again because you have to bear in mind that they don't actually start serving breakfast until 0730hrs and by about 0715hrs people are hanging about waiting on it opening. This wasn't convenient for me as I have to be in work for 0800hrs so it was a bit of a mad rush, just a suggestion, but serving breakfast from 0700hrs would probably make a big difference.

Don't let this put you off as I said its worth a chance, especially if you are getting a good price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business