TripAdvisor
York
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews warm cookie on arrival car park king room monk bar large tv birthday card hotel is perfect city centre buffet style on site parking nice bathroom per day shower head reception area public areas lovely touch would stay again
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here mid week, the parking is limited and if you do manage to get a parking space its £18.00 for the day we found very expensive, it should be included in your reservation.

Check in was quick and easy, love that you receive a warm cookie on arrival, it was delicious!

We booked a cosy double room, the bed was HUGE and so comfy, probably one of the most comfiest beds I have slept in. The pillows were amazing, love to know where to purchase some for home!! The room and bathroom had plenty of space and both very clean. The blackout curtains worked a treat, we had a late night so wanted a lay in, it was nice and quite also so we managed to have a nice lay in.

The location is walking distance to city centre and very easy to find.

I enjoyed and would defiantly stay again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is situated close to all the main attractions. Rooms very spacious and clean with good quality bedding.
Parking is in the nearby NCP car park but if you get there early enough you might be able to get into the few spaces that are located outside the hotel entrance. Recently refurbished there are several public areas to chill out and relax in. we only had breakfast there but there was plenty of choice. Certainly would go there agin should we be visiting York

Room tip: Ask about parking by the entrance of the hotel when you check in
Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really enjoyable trip to celebrate my birthday at the Double Tree by Hilton, York. Lovely welcome in reception with a warm cookie and very nice room that was immaculately clean and had a very comfortable, firm bed. Upgrade of a free drink, chocolate, crisps and biscuits in the room with a card for my birthday, which was a nice, welcoming touch. The hotel has a large, attractive entrance and nice bar area with lots of comfy seating. Great position to see the site, just outside the city wall and a 2 minute walk from York Minster. Good choice of buffet breakfast in the morning. Parking is very limited at the hotel, but there is a car park very close by. Be advised that you need to get a permit first from the hotel, as this was not clear and the car park is pay and display.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here the Saturday night before the Yorkshire Marathon.
Used our Tesco Club card points, but the total for one night was over £200 bed & breakfast. I suspect the price went up for the Marathon weekend, typical of big businesses I guess.
Hotel itself was OK. Good location, just outside the old city walls. Our room had rubbish view over the roof of the walkway below.
Room was clean & functional without anything remarkable.
Staff friendly & helpful throughout.
Breakfast looked good. I asked for porridge as I was running. Was pretty lumpy but it got me round.
As for York, it's so beautiful, especially walking through the city early Sunday morning when noone was about!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ANDREW S
Reviewed October 16, 2019

In September my husband and I booked a night in York to celebrate our anniversary. The location of the hotel was brilliant. Right in the centre of town but not too close to bars etc so was really good at night. The hotel lobby is impressive and modern. Our room was reasonable but a shame it was so far away from the main hotel entrance.

My husband is allergic to feathers and the pillows in the room needed changed when we arrived. We contacted reception and asked for non-feather pillows and they said we needed to request these in advance of our stay and that they probably didn't have any. I found this quite shocking as I have stayed in Doubletree hotels for years now and never had this issue when asking for non-feather pillows on arrival. We weren't convinced that the receptionist had checked for extra pillows so we asked again after our dinner. And we were right, she hadn't checked previously but they didn't have any pillows left in stock anyway. We had to stuff pillow cases with clean clothes so my husband had something to sleep on. We will remember this for next time but not the best experience.

During the night we woke up to a dripping sound which I though was the rain outside. However, we turned the side light on and saw a stream of water coming through the ceiling light fitting. My husband couldn't get through to reception via the phone so went down to see them at the desk at 4am. They apologised but said that they didn't have a spare room that they could move us to. So we spent the remaining hours of our sleep trying to catch water from the ceiling with a towel on the floor.
This is experience is not something that we are used to from Doubletree by Hilton.

Date of stay: September 2019
MartinBradnam, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2019

Dear Heather M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your response on Trip Advisor. I was sorry to read about your stay at the hotel.

We do have a stock of Hyper-allergenic items including pillows and Duvet covers, however I understand we have limited items. I have spoken to my Head Housekeeper, and asked her to review this stock. My intention is purchase additional. In this day and age, it is an items we should always have in stock, and I apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

I was concerned to read about the leak in your bedroom. As your response is via Trip Advisor, and linked to your personal log in, I am unable to investigate further, as I require your reservation dates, and the name the booking was made in. However, if you could contact me on Martin.Bradnam@Hilton.com with this information, I would like to investigate this further, and respond to you appropriately. My sincere apologies.

Thank you for your feedback which is always important, as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. I truly appreciate the time and effort taken to communicate your points to us.

Your sincerely