“great location & service”
Review of Hilton York

Hilton York
Ranked #39 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed February 16, 2011

stayed at the hilton york on 11th & 12th feb and had a great time. hotel is in a great position just minutes from all attractions and has limited parking available at £17 per night . arrived about dinner and got our room straight away which was very handy. booked a standard double room which wasgood value being on offer at half price but dont think i would pay full price for it. All the staff were very friendly and always helpfull a big difference from some hotels we have stayed in and the breakfast was excellent. would definitly stay there again at the right price..

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.

I am delighted to see that you had great stay and found the staff to be friendly and helpful, and that you also had an excellent breakfast.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 11, 2011

We spent one night at the Hilton York in January and found it to be a lovely hotel. The room was clean, modern and spacious (especially for a city centre hotel). Breakfast was one of the best we have had with plenty of choice and served until 11am with no waiting for tables. Location wise, it is only minutes from the dungeons and city shops with lovely views over towards Cliffords Tower.
My only gripe would be a noisy radiator during the night (which others have mentioned) and the parking charge is high considering you have already paid to stay at the hotel (although it is a good service and the valet service makes it very easy). Overall a lovely stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on this website.

I was pleased to read that overall you had a lovely stay at the Hilton York, and that you found the breakfast to have plenty of choice and the room to be spacious and clean.

I have noted your comments regarding the noisy radiator and have spoken with my Maintenance Manager who is taking the necessary corrective action.

Once again thank you for your feed back and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton York in the near future.

Reviewed February 6, 2011

The room was smaller than expected but was clean and comfortable. It is in a great place for sight seeing by foot. Although the bar below did make the night a bit loud. Just take ear plugs. The breakfast was brilliant. There was so much choice, cooked breakfast, cereals, toast, fruit, cold meats, etc. I would really reccomened having it. The staff were friendly and helpful. The car parking does cost £15 a night but you can come and go so it wasn't too bad as parking in York centre can be expensive anyway.

I expected more from a Hilton having previously stayed at Malmaison and MacDonald hotels for about the same price and found them much more luxouious and spacious. But as they don't have one in York then I would stay at this Hilton again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I am pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found the breakfast to be brilliant, and the staff to be freindly and helpful.

Car parking in York is at a premium, especially at the hotel. However, we thoroughly research the market when setting prices and I am confident that the charge we make is competitive both within the City of York and also other city centre located hotels throughout the country. In addition, our car park is both secure and offers valet parking at all times.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I sincerely hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 6, 2011

We stayed in room 209 which had a lovely view over the Mound which was lit up up on the Friday night, it wasn't during the week so perhaps the city are saving on electric. This Hilton has a better restaurant and menu than most Hiltons, the restaurant was contemporary in design with a small cosy bar adjoining it that had a fireplace and nice settees. As usual the bar drinks were on the pricey side but as this hotel was very close to restaurants and bars without the noise of being in the thick of them, it was easy to to walk out and find something much cheaper. The rooms were standard Hilton rooms but as a diamond member we got bottles wine, fruit and water every day. The one thing that stood out was the friendliness of the staff from the cleaners to the restaurant staff. We had our car valet parked which at £17 per day is expensive but parking in York is expensive and so we thought it was worth it.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. It is lovley to read comments regarding our restaurant, thank you and I have passed on your kind comments to all of my staff as they serve as a great motivator.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you both back to Hilton York in the future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed February 4, 2011

great location for visiting York! We had a great view of Clifford's Tower. The car parking isn't great as keys are looked after by the hotel yet there's not always someone there when you want to take your car out! Lovely breakfast! With a very cheerful chief!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this website.

I was delighted to learn that you had a lovely view of Cliffords Tower and enjoyed our cheerful breakfast chef.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 2, 2011

Hilton York- was nice but not as nice as Hilton Leeds. Its a great location to tour york. We visited York Dungeons and did a ghost walk, both were brill.
If I had the choice I would stay at the Hilton Leeds, as its far nicer. The room we stayed in was ok, but again not as nice as Hilton Leeds.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I was pleased to read that you found the location of the hotel to be great and you enjoyed York.

I hope that yuo may return to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 24, 2011

We have just returned from a long weekend (thurs - mon) stay at the Hilton York. We cannot praise the place enough. It was spotlessly clean, the standard guest room was very comfortable, the breakfast was great and the hotel is in an excellent location but the best thing about this hotel is the staff. From check-in, to the cleaning and at breakfast all the staff were friendly and very efficient. Nothing was too much trouble and service was always delivered with a smile. We would like to thank all the staff for making our stay so enjoyable. We would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on this website.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found the room to be spotlessly clean and comfortable, the breakfast to be great and the hotel to be in an excellent location. I was most pleased to learn that you found all the staff to be friendly and very efficient. I have passed on your kind comments to all of my team, as they serve as a great motivator. Thank you.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.