“Unacceptable stay, very poor value avoid”
Review of Hilton York

Hilton York
Ranked #38 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed March 25, 2010

I note from previous reviews that many of my problems still existed on my stay, despite the manager's comments about being dealt with etc etc.

Firstly- room not available at check in.
Secondly- towels threadbare
Thirdly-room very small
Fourthly- poor shower
Fifthly- very noise pipework that kept me awake all night.
AVOID AVOID AVOID
A bit like a stereotypical supermodel. Looks very nice, but when delve deeper, not a lot of substance.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Timetotravel
HiltonYork, Hotel Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I was concerned to hear that the problems you experienced in a previous stay were still apparent. Please rest assured that all guest comments are taken very seriously and we do aim to resolve all issues immediately, wherever possible.

I am confident that my Management Team and I do aim to resolve all issues that we are made aware of to ensure that our guests have a comfortable and relaxing stay with us.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future when I am certain your stay will be both comfortable and enjoyable.

Yours sincerely

Nick Taylor

There are newer reviews for Hilton York

Reviewed March 22, 2010

Booked an excutive double room even that was quite small. Bathroom very adequate with a separate shower although the towels need replacing, They were very hard and well worn. Our room was overlooking the Tower and was very noisy even late into the night. Breakfast at the hotel was excellent with great choice. Drinks very expensive.
Did not eat in the hotel plenty of superb restaurants very close by.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
HiltonYork, Hotel Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this website.

I was delighted to learn that you found the breakfast to be excellent and the location to be superb.

Please rest assured that your comments regarding the towels have been discussed with our Housekeeping Manager and linen supplier.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and for bringing these maters to my attention.

Reviewed March 21, 2010

Stayed one night here in de-luxe room. magnificent view to the monument Clifford's Tower. This hotel is ideally situated with in the medieval walls so excellent for ease of sightseeing. Nearby there are several good restaurants as well as the Hilton's own
Buffet breakfast is of the quality one expects of the Hilton brand. I have stayed at many around the world and never disappointed.
Hotel on-site parking may at first seem expensive at £15 for 24 hours but a quick comparison with public parking justifies the price and although we had to check out by mid-day we could leave our car until late afternoon as we had arrived at 6.00pm
A good choice if you visit this city.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments on this website.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities to be good.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 17, 2010

Stayed at Hilton in York on 13/3/10 for overnight stay, hotel location was great for all our sightseeing,staff very helpful,breakfast was excellent,would go aqgain

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
HiltonYork, Hotel Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2010

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the breakfast to be excellent and staff to be friendly.

Reviewed March 7, 2010

I really can't fault my stay - and this is from someone who spends quite a bit of time away each year. Sure I wouldn't be so positive perhaps if I was paying upwards of £150/night, but with a bargain room rate (with breakfast) at less than £60 this had to be one of the best deals around. A real steal.

Location is excellent; very central yet just a 15 minute walk from the railway station. The room was perfectly OK - although nothing spectacular. Importantly it was both clean and quiet. Breakfast was standard Hilton fare but perfectly OK and the staff I encountered were particuarly friendly and helpful. A definite plus.

Overall, a very pleasant stay and I would certainly consider a return visit.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
HiltonYork, Hotel Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2010

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.

I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the room to be comfortable and the staff to be friendly.

Reviewed February 26, 2010

The location of the Hilton York is very handy, minutes from the city centre and all its attractions. Rooms are on the small side, but if like me, your just really want a bed for the night, then all is good. I got a deluxe room for £60 advance purchase inc breakfast via Hilton website which was very reasonable compared to other York Hotels.

The room was comfortable, although double beds are on the small side, and on hindsight would have booked a double double room! They were clean and of the modern Hilton style.The heating was quite noisy, but a call down to reception and one radiator being bled resolved the problem immediately. Reception were efficient, but not always friendly, sometimes it did feel as if your requests were a burden.

Breakfasts in the morning were of the buffet style and plentiful with a very cheerful lady chef who was happy to help with whatever food requirements you had. The bar and restaurant for evening meals looked on the pricey side, and absolutely no need to eat in, with the immediate availability of a variety of dining in the immediate vicintiy.

I did get the impression that if the hotel were to be busy that they would not be able to cope, but breakfast appeared to be the busiest time of the day and all was ok. I would stay here again, but would probably investigate other options first to see how they lined up with value for money

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.

I was delighted to note that you found the room to be clean and comfortable and the breakfast to be good.

All of your comments have been taken on board and discussed with my management team for review.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 25, 2010

the room basic and very noisy with pipes above ones head, which keep you awake.the breakfast okay, dinner very very dissapointing.would not stay their again.agree that the only good point was the guy parking the car was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dissappointedperson

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on this website.

I was most concerned to learn that you were disturbed by noise emanating from the pumps. I can confirm that your feedback has been discussed with my Facilities Manager for review and he is currently in the process of resolving this matter.

It is with disappointment that I noted that you found the dinner to be disappointing. I have passed your feedback onto my Head Chef for him to review with his team.

Once again, thank you for your sharing comments. It is through such feedback that we can continue to improve the service that we offer.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to Hilton York in the not too distant future.