“Great location”
Review of Hilton York

Hilton York
Ranked #39 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Great location for the city of York and local attractions, especially Cliffords Tower, the castle museum and the river. Also a short bus trip to the University of York campus.

Check in was quick, the two rooms we booked were clean and comfortable and breakfast was very nice.

The hotel lacked individuality and charm but was functional, which is what we were looking for given we weren't planning on spending much time in the hotel!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear Bekka_13,

Thank you for taking the time post your feedback on this website.

I am pleased to see that overall you had an enjoyable stay and found our location great for exploring the lovely city of York.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed for anniversary break...location was excellent....rooms comfortable with great view and upgrade package including wine both nights.....breakfast delicious and staff attentive and polite....enjoyed the local pubs and attractions

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear dizzybabe45,

Thank you for your five star review.

Delighted to read you had a lovely stay celebrating your anniversary and had our delicious Hilton breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Top location but the rooms are looking a little tired and could do with some effective cooling.
Very handy for the sights and sounds of York, nowhere is more than a short walk away.
In the heat of the summer it was too hot in my room to sleep in the bed.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Stigroadie,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased you enjoyed our central location for exploring the lovely city of York.

We do provide fans in all rooms to make sure that guests are comforatable for the duration of their stay.

Should your travels bring you back to the area I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton York.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Recently I stayed with my family in this hotel. We booked a Double double guest room with dinner and breakfast for 2 adult and 2 children. It costs £205. Valet parking £18. Hotel conveniently situated near to the York attractions. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Our room at the second floor, just an average Hilton room. Definitely need some refurbishment. We had our dinner at Tower's restaurant at the ground floor, food really delicious and I earn 1000 bonus H Honours points also for dining there. Breakfast also fine. (as usual!) Other than room quality we enjoyed the stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Prem K

Dear Prem K,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that overall you and your family enjoyed your stay and the ‘delicious’ food in Towers Restaurant. I will pass your comments on to the Head Chef and his team.

I look forwad to welcoming you all back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Me and my girlfriend booked a one night stay here to visit York. The price for the hotel was fantastic, we booked a room with a balcony, the view of the castle was amazing.

The first thing i worried about was parking my car as I wanted it to be secure, the hotel provided a concierge car parking service which was £18 which i thought was extremely reasonable as I looked at other car park charges. I was also able to leave my car there after checkout which I thought was fantastic.

When we got in the room it was spacious, well equiped for what we needed, also we where given a complimentary basket whcih contained 2 Yorkie bars, a jar of nuts and aslo a jar of jelly beans, a bottle of white wine(small) and also 2 bottles of water which I thought was a nice touch. The only downfall to the room was the quilt didn't fit over the whole of the bed so we did fight for the quilt, which i did lose haha.

The hotel was in a great spot, really central, jorvic centre is 2 minutes walk and plenty of places to eat and drink in a short walking distance. All in all a fantastic stay and will definately book again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Andy B

Dear Andy B,

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read you both had a lovely stay and enjoyed the spacious room and the complimentary basket of goodies!

We are very lucky to be in such a central location and I look forward to welcoming you both back for another fantastic stay.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

My friend and I have stayed in many Hilton Hotels in the UK whilst going to concerts/ theatre this has been the most expensive to date £200 for a twin room per night and the smallest room too-no air con but a fan... we requested a fridge we apparently got the last one....the breakfast was really nice but no veggie sausages(or mushrooms )although we asked for them for our second mornng and we were told there would be some tom - still no veggie sausages, (think the meat eaters might be a tad fed up if there meat was unavalable) allthough if you eat eggs I think you would be in egg heaven, no snacks behind the bar apart from chedder snack... the staff were very friendly and helpfull, the room was clean, however I would consider looking else where on my next trip to York totally over priced compared to other hotels in other citys within the 4 star band.

Room Tip: Request a fridge in the room and any diet requests I would phone in before to ensure this is made po...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank glam64

Dear glam64,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I was disappointed to read your comments regarding the areas, our services failed to deliver to your expectations and your comments have been noted.

I am pleased you found my team friendly and helpful and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Great Location close to restaurants and shops.
Parking- £18 per night stayed and not on site.
Family Room for 2 nights 3 Adults poor 'camp' bed.
Breakfast coffee cups were unclean.
Marriot next time!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank ti1984
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Helen R,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to read that you felt your stay was poor quality. Please be assured that your comments have been noted and the appropriate action has been taken.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.