Hilton York
$232
$141
  • Pool
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
$89
B+B York(York)(Great Value!)
$71
$69
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
$197
$84
$116
$96
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
$71
  • Room Service
$144
Official Site
3,104 results
All reviewsclifford's towertwo double bedscar parkexcellent locationcastle museumcentral locationreception staffbreakfast was excellentstayed for one nightshort breakvaletshamblespubsminster
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Really enjoyed my one evening here, the welcome at reception excellent, along with the restaurant and bar. I found the staff to be very interactive and professional! Not the cheapest wine menu but, your choice! Would I recommend it?...... Yes, definitely.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Perfect if you want to be near the centre of York.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with OH beginning of March 2014.

I wanted somewhere central in which we could walk to pretty much anywhere within 10-15minutes and that's exactly what we got.

We got the train to york and the station was a comfortable 15minute stroll to the hotel. Coppergate shopping centre is literally 30 seconds walk away, through this will take you to the shambles or onto the other many shopping/eating/drinking areas. Even at the furthest point we were only a ten minute walk back to the hotel.

We had a double double (this came as standard?!) which was great, iron and hairdryer provided along with tea and coffee which we didn't use, and bathroom toiletries. The bathroom was small and the shower wasn't very powerful but did the job and I managed to wash my hair just fine. The bathmat was a hazard though, slipped about so much we both showered without it - thank god for the handrails!!

We had wifi in the room but only via BT cloud, no free hotel wifi I believe.

Don't bother with breakfast, it was £19.95pp to book along with the room online - although they offered it to us at £10pp when we checked in - which we still thought was extortionate. There is a Weatherspoons (Postern Gate) literally 3/4minute walk away (kind of behind Clifford Tower, across the bridge) which was much better value!!

The walk from the hotel to Weatherspoons is part of the City Walls walk which we attempted after breakfast - worth it for some fantastic views but parts are pretty leg wobbling for someone who doesn't like heights!!

Overall a great hotel in a fantastic location at a reasonable price (we paid £25pp for 1 night) and I would not hesitate to return here on our next visit to York.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurr456
Reviewed March 3, 2014

There is nowhere to legally park a car outside - I had to leave my car on double yellow lines from where it was taken into the car park. This arrangement was confusing on arrival as I naturally drive up to the car park entrance and was given very unclear instructions via the car park intercom. The room was very hot - the only means of cooling it down was opening the window which was somewhat extreme (and a little noisy). Beds were uncomfortable

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed March 3, 2014

very nice high tea sandwiches lovely plenty of tea would definitely go back again read reviews which were a little off putting but was very happy with the tea and the speed of the service waitress was very polite and helpful york is a lovely place and the hilton is located very centrally spent the rest of the day shopping which was a bonus Easy to find

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed here last weekend. Room small and hot, not set up for three as booked, no coffee in room for both days in spite of requests. Bath mat worn so I fell over and injured rib cage. Staff disinterested.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family