“Wonderful afternoon tea”
Review of Hilton York

Hilton York
Ranked #39 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Had afternoon there a few days ago on a voucher. Lovely light room overlooking Clifford's tower, tables far enough apart. Staff frindly and helpful. Tea was excellent, plenty of tea and sandwiches, inc smoked salmon (not just cheap fillings), warm scones, fresh fruit tart and other cakes. Didn't know they also do a shoppers lunch, 2 courses for £13 inc a glass of wine - so we have already booked to go again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Arrived early, greeted by nice female reception staff. Bags and fast track checked in. Room a disappointment, 2 doubles for 3 people, no space to move around. No air conditioning. Bathroom small and low water pressure in both shower and bath. Not enough towels for 3 people. Nice toiletries.
Breakfast buffet poor, nice restaurant manager but staff were un communicative and surly.
Having stayed at the Hilton at Gatwick , Manchester Deansgate and Airport and Blackpool Hilton, York needs an upgrade of personnel and environment.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Booked one night away for my birthday, staff were brilliant, left a birthday card in room on arrival, lovely touch! Staff very friendly, very clean and well organised hotel, bedroom very clean and tidy although bathroom was a little small (and that's only because I have a big bathroom at home and separate shower cubible!) Only criticism was we ordered a baileys on ice each after our lovely night out, and it was served as 25ml (it should be served as 50ml), however, another member of staff brought us over extra each as a gesture of goodwill!

Breakfast was spot on, nothing to complain about other than queue for food, but it is buffet style and I guess everyone wants breakfast!

Would recommend a stay and will definitely be going back to stay

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear cathryn716,

Thank you for your kind comments following your stay at Hilton York.

It is lovely to receive such positive feedback and I am pleased you had a ‘perfect birthday treat’ and my team were brilliant!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and pleased that you would recommend us.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed 22/23 January 2014 during a business trip. Efficient and helpful check in and my colleague and I were upgraded to front rooms with a view of Clifford Tower which was lovely.The receptionist advised on local restaurants. Rooms were clean and stylish with a good selection of toiletries, teas and coffee although no biscuits. Although the bed had a mattress topper, I found this to be quite firm.
Breakfast was excellent quality with pleasant and friendly staff, in fact all the staff we met, including reception, bar staff and domestic staff were extremely helpful. Happy with my stay.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Rachel H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to learn that you had a lovely stay at the Hilton York and had an excellent breakfast experience.

I am very proud of all my team as they work extremely hard and I will be sharing your comments with them as they serve as a great motivator.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton in York last weekend. The hotel is opposite Clifford's Tower so is very well located for the centre of York. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis as there are lots of good restaurants nearby. Hotel is nice and clean but looking a little tired in the corridors, lifts and reception. Room was relatively small but did the job for one night. Basement car park is very tight for larger cars and is not cheap at £18 per day.

1  Thank WaltonReviews
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear WaltonReviews,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at the Hilton York.

I am pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and found our central location good.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Visited here for a weekend after new year. Great location. Breakfast very good. Parking underneath the hotel with very helpful vallets. Booked delux room which had fantastic views of Clifford tower but none of the other extras: bathrooms, wine. Staff not too helpful when we enquired about them!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear CatherineF2012,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our great Hilton Breakfast and found our Concierge team most helpful. I will be sharing you comments with them.

I was concerned to note that you did not receive the extras that come with the Deluxe room and I will be passing your comments on to the Front Office Manager and Resturant Manager who are responsible for the delivery of the extras.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This say was a present from my Aunty. The hotel was wonderful. Room very clean. Staff friendly and welcoming. Would recommend to anyone. Location perfect for getting about York. We early in the morning, but were allowed to leave our bags at the hotel so that we did not have to carry them around all day as we had travelled by train.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts