Hilton York
Hotel 53(York)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
3,082 results
All reviewsclifford's towertwo double bedscar parkexcellent locationcastle museumcentral locationreception staffbreakfast was excellentstayed for one nightshort breakvaletshamblespubsminster
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few times in the past, location is fantastic! Walking distance to everything in york, infact everything is right at the front door! I honestly don't think you will find a better location anywhere in york! Great rooms with a nice view of Clifton tower, nice bar area and breakfast Is fantastic!! Some good restaurants just outside the main entrance, 31 castlegate is a must, amazing food!
I do feel the 100 pound price difference between Friday and Saturday is a little steep but I suppose that's not just the hilton and typical of all the hotels around york! Only one complaint is the shower absolutely no power what so ever! Had a good comfortable nights sleep and will definitely be returning!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sheepy30
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Seanpears,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I was glad to read you had a great stay, and thank you for commenting on our fantastic location..

I look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Usual high standard of rooms. Has a car park , which is a plus for city centre, but expensive at £17.50 overnight! Helpful staff, particularly jolly breakfast room staff!good location and high forc rooms

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank denise c

Dear denise c,

Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback on Tripadvisor, in regard to your recent visit to the Hilton York.

I was delighted to learn you enjoyed our great central location and found my team jolly. I will be sharing your comments with them all.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I booked the Hilton for a night in York with three friends - we got a taxi at the Station and asked for the Hilton, Tower Street. The driver said oh no - worst hotel in York. So I asked what the problem was with it. He said dirty, bad food, bad reviews. As we checked in I said we wouldn't pay until we left in case we were not happy. My friends and I inspected all the beds etc. Beautifully clean bedding and lovely fluffy white towels, bath mats and rubber slip mat. This place is spotless. After a dander around York we came back and had dinner at the hotel and it was delicious. The staff are very friendly and will do anything to help you. After a good nights sleep we had a lovely breakfast. There was juices, waters, fresh fruit, cereals, continental, breads, egg, bacon black pudding, fried bread, hash browns, tomato, beans. They would fry you an egg on request so it was fresh. We have decided that we will be going back to this hotel again in spring. I am not sure what the taxi drivers game was but he was so wrong. I can't fault this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank RhiaatNewcastle
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear RhiaatNewcastle,

Thank you for your kind feedback on Trip Advisor,

I am delighted to learn that you had lovely stay and were not disappointed. Also pleased to learn that my team were most helpful and friendly. I am very proud of them all as they work extremely hard and I will be sharing your comments with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton York for another enjoyable stay.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very comfortable hotel, the staff were very polite and charming both in room service and restaurants. Car park a bit expensive but they do take care of your vehicle. No hesitation in staying there again. Paula Yates

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing a review of the hotel in TripAdvisor.

I was glad to read you had a great stay, and thank you for commenting on my team and hotel.

Hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future,

Kind regards