“Good location, high spec rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton York

Hilton York
Ranked #38 of 46 Hotels in York
wallasey
“Good location, high spec rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Usual high standard of rooms. Has a car park , which is a plus for city centre, but expensive at £17.50 overnight! Helpful staff, particularly jolly breakfast room staff!good location and high forc rooms

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank denise c
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear denise c,

Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback on Tripadvisor, in regard to your recent visit to the Hilton York.

I was delighted to learn you enjoyed our great central location and found my team jolly. I will be sharing your comments with them all.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Alnwick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I booked the Hilton for a night in York with three friends - we got a taxi at the Station and asked for the Hilton, Tower Street. The driver said oh no - worst hotel in York. So I asked what the problem was with it. He said dirty, bad food, bad reviews. As we checked in I said we wouldn't pay until we left in case we were not happy. My friends and I inspected all the beds etc. Beautifully clean bedding and lovely fluffy white towels, bath mats and rubber slip mat. This place is spotless. After a dander around York we came back and had dinner at the hotel and it was delicious. The staff are very friendly and will do anything to help you. After a good nights sleep we had a lovely breakfast. There was juices, waters, fresh fruit, cereals, continental, breads, egg, bacon black pudding, fried bread, hash browns, tomato, beans. They would fry you an egg on request so it was fresh. We have decided that we will be going back to this hotel again in spring. I am not sure what the taxi drivers game was but he was so wrong. I can't fault this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RhiaatNewcastle
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear RhiaatNewcastle,

Thank you for your kind feedback on Trip Advisor,

I am delighted to learn that you had lovely stay and were not disappointed. Also pleased to learn that my team were most helpful and friendly. I am very proud of them all as they work extremely hard and I will be sharing your comments with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton York for another enjoyable stay.

Kind regards,

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very comfortable hotel, the staff were very polite and charming both in room service and restaurants. Car park a bit expensive but they do take care of your vehicle. No hesitation in staying there again. Paula Yates

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing a review of the hotel in TripAdvisor.

I was glad to read you had a great stay, and thank you for commenting on my team and hotel.

Hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future,

Kind regards

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Great location inside the city walls, a stone's throw from Jorvik Centre. Big breakfast, good bedside reading lights, easy to operate shower, helpful staff. They look after your car for you, which is a big plus in York, and charged for it by the night, not by 24 hrs. The car came back to us in a couple of minutes when we were ready to leave York at 5pm having checked out that morning. We booked on a last minute deal which made it comparable with other York hotels; it would have been expensive otherwise.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Watford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was my second visit to York and I ended up opting for the Hilton. Yes, it lacks the soul and character of some establishments but with a nice deal I thought why not. I mean, it is absolutely brilliantly located. You fall out the door and the best of York is there, right inside the city walls. The check-in with friendly and they valet parked my car as there was no room in the main car park (it's small and the parking cost an eye watering £17 per day). There was no air con in the room and we boiled as we could not turn the heating down - they weren't that helpful with that problem. But the weekend breakfast was good and went on until 11am which is great if you want to chill out. I would definitely stay there again, it's the location that makes it for sure and the standard of room etc is very good. It did get a little noisy from a few people well oiled on the Friday night, but hey...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Myself and Partner visited York on Sunday the 17th November.

We arrived to a valet service which was nice and check in was quick and efficent, we also were offered a free room upgrade which consitied of a clifford tower view, complimentry wine and water, bathrobes and slippers. Room was clean, modern and very comfy.

We were slightly shocked at the prices for drinks in the bar (£9 for a large rose) but the bar it's self was really nice and relaxing and the staff were atentive.

Breakfast was brilliant, had everything you could want and if they didn't they would see if they could get it.

Location is amazing and if I go to york again I will be staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room ending in an odd number (view of cliffords tower) we had 321
2 Thank charlotte_maher
Barnsley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is playing on the Hilton name and charging a fortune for an average hotel. The rooms are ok, but there are no frills and the hotel has very few facilities other than a dining room, some function rooms and a very tiny extortionately priced bar!

The breakfast was good and the staff both in the dining room and on reception were very good, but there were long queues to check in and out.

The really annoying things were noisy, clicking heating pipes in the room which kept us awake all night, there were 3 booked in our room, but only towels and cups for 2, no biscuits in the room and the showers are very basic and the anti slip mats slippy!

Disappointing in general for the price!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends