“Disappointed”
Review of Hilton York

Hilton York
Ranked #38 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Arrived only thing about the hotel is the position reception staff learnt English but no manners prices are ridicules and on booking in for two night stay receptionist wanted payment for car park immediately . Room was supposed to be delux ? No fridge nothing delux about it so don't fall for online upgrade stayed in a few Hilton's this the worse go to the sidings railway carriage instead !!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank beverlybev12
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at the Hilton York Hotel.

I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your recent stay at our hotel. We always endeavour to offer the highest level of service, unfortunately it seems that on this occasion we failed to deliver to meet your expectations.

I hope you may consider staying with us again in the future so we can show you that we can do better. Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations.

There are newer reviews for Hilton York

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We spent three nights here. The hotel is located in the historic centre of York. Our room was on the third floor, at the back/side of the building and was very quiet. Room clean and comfortable. The breakfast is definitely worth the 10 UK pounds. Front desk staff very helpful and friendly.

Would definitely return and highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on this website.

I was delighted to read your feedback and pleased that you found the hotel very comfortable and in a great location.

I’m pleased you found the Hilton breakfast good value for money and my team helpful and friendly.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

York is a busy, historic city very popular with tourist from all parts and for that reason accommodation (and parking) is never cheap. This hotel is just about a convenient as they come and for us made for a very comfortable stay. The rooms at 16 sq,m are on the small size but clean and with the usual Hilton provisions. Only the front rooms have views towards Cliffords Tower. Food is exceptionally good for both breakfast and dinner with very friendly and helpful staff. There is good underground garage which seems expensive but compared with city parking charges is not out of line.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on this website following your stay at the Hilton York hotel.

I am pleased to read your feedback and delighted that you had lovely stay and found the food to be exceptionally good and my team friendly and helpful. I will be passing on your comments to them as they serve as a great motivator.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Visited York Hilton with friends and in its favour it is in a fantastic position for sightseeing etc. However we had a terrible nights sleep even though we had asked for a quiet room. All night long it sounded like pipes or radiators or maybe the air conditioning making a constant noise, then at about 5.00 in the morning, there was a load of clattering with someone emptying bottles and then on the floor below our room at about 6.30 there was something being moved about which you could clearly hear and was most annoying. And on the other hand at £144 including breakfast for the room it is not exactly cheap either. So unfortunately we will not be staying again.

Room Tip: Even if you ask for a quiet room you may not get what you ask for.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Hilton York hotel.

Your comments regarding the noise disturbance have been noted. We are presently undergoing a noise reduction feasibility programme with the aim of eliminating this issue for all our future guests, and unfortunately it does take time. I am sorry that your request for quiet room was not acted upon and I have passed your comments to my Front Office Manager for her attention.

On a brighter note I was pleased that you did enjoy the fantastic location.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is my second stay at the York Hilton, this time for sightseeing with my wife. The location is excellent , just a few minutes walk from all the attractions and Betty's Tearoom. The rooms are not huge but are very clean and comfortable. We were upgraded to a deluxe room which had views of the Clifford tower. The staff are all very friendly and seem pleased to work at the Hilton and have you as their guest. Breakfast is brilliant , sadly the lady who was cooking the eggs on my last visit wasn't on duty. She has a wonderful jolly character that set you up for the day. I have a business trip coming up in April and have already booked at the Hilton, definitely my preferred stay when in York. Just one little point, could the bar serve a small bowl of snacks (nuts , crisps , etc) to accompany one's drinks order when having an early pre-dinner drink?

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on this website.

I was pleased to learn that you had another enjoyable visit at the Hilton York hotel.

We certainly are lucky to be in such an ideal location for exploring the attractions York has to offer.
I am pleased that you found my team to be friendly and enjoy our Hilton breakfast! I’m sorry you missed Shirley, our Breakfast Chef and I will let her know that she was missed!

Your comments regarding a small bowl of nibbles to accompany a drink have been noted and will prove most useful when we come to review our products and services.

Thank you once again for your positive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in April for another great visit.

Martin Bradnam

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Very friendly staff, from the car park attendant to the receptionists, restaurant staff and cleaners. The location is superb,just 2 minutes away from everything, the room was very warm and clean, as was the bathroom. Breakfast was good quality and as much as you want. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on this website.

I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay and as other reviewers have mentioned found my team to be most friendly and welcoming. My team work hard to ensure we deliver the highest standards of customer service at all times and I am pleased that on this occasion it was no exception.

I am pleased that you would recommend our hotel and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Another lovely stay at the hllton. very clean and spacious room. staff very friendly only downside is the price of the drinks at the bar. Valet car parking. The location is perfect for a stay in York and is only minutes away from shops and restaurants and also the minster. 2 minutes to the famous shambles too. Try the house of the trembling madness for a quirky experience.

Room Tip: pay for an upgrade and you have views of clifford tower
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonYork, Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on this website.

I was delighted to read your comments and pleased that you had another lovely stay.

We are very fortunate to be in such an central location for exploring the lovely city of York.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton York for another enjoyable stay.

Deputy Hotel Manager