“Really pleasant stay.”
Review of Hilton York

Hilton York
Ranked #38 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Very friendly staff, from the car park attendant to the receptionists, restaurant staff and cleaners. The location is superb,just 2 minutes away from everything, the room was very warm and clean, as was the bathroom. Breakfast was good quality and as much as you want. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on this website.

I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay and as other reviewers have mentioned found my team to be most friendly and welcoming. My team work hard to ensure we deliver the highest standards of customer service at all times and I am pleased that on this occasion it was no exception.

I am pleased that you would recommend our hotel and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager

There are newer reviews for Hilton York

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Another lovely stay at the hllton. very clean and spacious room. staff very friendly only downside is the price of the drinks at the bar. Valet car parking. The location is perfect for a stay in York and is only minutes away from shops and restaurants and also the minster. 2 minutes to the famous shambles too. Try the house of the trembling madness for a quirky experience.

Room Tip: pay for an upgrade and you have views of clifford tower
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonYork, Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on this website.

I was delighted to read your comments and pleased that you had another lovely stay.

We are very fortunate to be in such an central location for exploring the lovely city of York.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton York for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed here for a night on our way up to Edinburgh. We chose the hotel for it location and we were not disappointed! Everything is literally on the doorstep. The location is perfect for a short break. Our rooms (interconnecting) were comfortable and clean. Breakfast was very good, and the ladies that served us were very attentive and helpful. A very pleasant stay overall.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on this website following your recent stay at the Hilton York Hotel.

I am pleased to learn that you had a comfortable stay and found the breakfast good and the breakfast team attentive and helpful. I will be sharing your comments with the team as they serve as a great motivator.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you all back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Deputy Hotel Manager.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

This Hotel is in a great location, we travelled to York by train and certainly didn't need a car once in the City. We stayed three nights, the room we stayed in on the first night was a little noisy but the staff were brilliant and found us a much quieter room for the the rest of our stay. Staff overall were excellent, helpful and friendly. Room was very comfortable, would recommend.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on this website.

I was sorry to learn that the room on your first night was a little noisy but pleased that my staff were able to resolve the issue which made the rest of your stay enjoyable.

I am pleased that you found all my team to be excellent. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and professional team, and I will be sharing your comments with them as I am indeed proud of all the hard
work they do.

Should your travels bring you back to the area I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Firstly this hotel has a great location, opposite Clifford's Tower and a couple of minutes walk from the centre of the city and the Jorvik Centre. I think I was told that check-in is at 3 pm but they found me a room at 1.30 as I had an appointment. Not all hotels will do this for you. My room was contemporary but nice nonetheless. The bed, very comfortable and the room fairly spacious with all the amenities and nice toiletries. I found the room a bit warm but importantly it was quiet.
Breakfast was a buffet and really nice being freshly cooked and well maintained. Fresh fruit was also available and there was excellent service. Even the coffee was drinkable. The underground car park is a bit tight but alternatives are nearby.
Overall well recommended.

Room Tip: I would guess that a side or back facing room would be quieter than one facing the Tower.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great comments on the Trip Advisor website.

I was delighted to read your feedback and pleased that you were able to have your room early and found it very comfortable and quiet.

It was also a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our Hilton Breakfast buffet and received excellent service from my team which I will be passing on your comments to them.

Thank you once again your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Well located hotel in the lovely city of York. Hotel is very nice, staff are friendly and generally good value. Unlike most Hiltons there is no gym but went for super run along river front. Traffic in York is shocking though.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Hilton York.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our central location and had a good run along Yorks river front.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed for two nights, Friday and Saturday, and chose the hotel as we had been given as a present a voucher for a dinner and cocktails in a Hilton hotel.
Check in was swift and efficient , our car was valet parked for us in the hotel garage, and though expensive at £17 per night, compares favourably with car park charges in York generally, a notoriously expensive place to park.
We had reserved a deluxe room and were allocated a large double on the first floor at the far end of the corridor, overlooking Clifford's Tower. Contrary to others, we suffered no excessive noise either from the hotel or from pedestrian or vehicle traffic outside the hotel. The room was well equipped, the bed large and comfortable and the whole was spotlessly clean and well presented. We had robes, enough soft fluffy towels to dry a small family, wine, water and fruit. Our only complaint was that the bathroom was small and the shower insufficiently powerful.
We had two breakfasts and one dinner in the restaurant. The breakfasts were typical self service affairs with a good choice of both hot and continental dishes. Whether or not a queue developed was luck of the draw relating to the time chosen. We had no problems on either of the two mornings, but did see other customers queuing, especially for the eggs, which, to be fair to the hotel, were cooked to order, so eliminating the unpleasant hard fried eggs one sometimes find on a full buffet.
Dinner was an excellent meal, although the service was a little slow and the bill was incorrectly totaled, a fault which was corrected without question the following day on check out. We both chose steaks and were presented with beautifully cooked dishes. Starters and sweets were of a similar high quality.
Check out on the third day was seamless. I had asked for my car to be outside the hotel at a certain time and this was the case and I have already mentioned the restaurant bill.
We enjoyed our stay overall and found the hotel to be an ideal place to spend a couple of days in an historic British city, well situated for the attractions, all of which were easily accessible on foot.

Room Tip: First floor front, rooms 123 to 127 are at the far end of the hotel and not over the bar and recepti...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple