$88
  • Breakfast included
Novotel York Centre(York)(Great Value!)
$66
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $75/night.

$114
$69
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $79/night.

Lamb & Lion Inn(York)(Great Value!)
$78
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

$107
$119
$92
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

Best Western York Pavilion Hotel(Fulford)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
B+B York(York)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
3,182 results
All reviewsclifford's towertwo double bedscar parkexcellent locationcastle museumcentral locationreception staffbreakfast was excellentstayed for one nightshort breakvaletshamblespubsminster
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The Hilton York, for a tourist is possibly located in best place possible. Located within the City walls and opposite Clifford Tower and the Castle Museum.

All the staff are well trained and offer exceptional service.

There are only two issued to be pointed out. The beds are rock hard and for both nights I did not sleep well. Other guests I spoke to found the same.
The other is the really bad smell of the sewer outside the front of the hotel. We paid extra the have a room at the front but could not open the window due to the smell.
But overall it's a good hotel if you like very hard beds and your sense of smell has declined !

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank SteveGrimes
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on this website.

I was pleased to learn that you had a lovely stay and found my team to offer exceptional service. Indeed I am very proud of them as they work extremely hard. We certainly are fortunate to be in such a great location for exploring York.

Your comment regarding the issue outside the hotel is currently being addressed.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Just back from 3 nights to celebrate my sister in laws birthday.
Moved rooms after 1 night from 1st to 3rd floor , first nights sleep terrible for myself and sister in laws room; our sleep was disturbed throughout the night by ?who Reception were efficient and allocated rooms on the 3rd floor, even though I had telephoned ahead to ask for quiet rooms, on check in they had put us above Henry Beans Bar!

Catherine the Housekeeper was great - we had asked her about using blue tack to decorate a bedroom for the birthday girl and Catherine took the items and did it all for us when we were out! great surprise, lovely member of staff as most of the staff are. The lady cooking the eggs at breakfast is also great - a "northern girl" like us. She even made sure there was a banana each day for mother in law's breakfast!

We stay at the Hilton York twice a year - last in November 2011. My mother in law has difficulty getting into the bath so I would like them to try and accommodate us with a twin bedded room with a shower for future stays so hope somebody takes note of this - as they are not very accommodating towards people with mobility problems - yes I know you have a double bed room but my mother in law's carer is her daughter who does not want to share a bed.

Also need to sort out the a/c the rooms were very hot - we did go to reception about the heat! used a fan all night - I know it was exceptionally hot for March.

Overall though, cannot fault the cleanliness, and the breakfasts. In other reviews I have written I've always said a mini fridge would be great!

Room Tip: High rooms at the back unless you get a suite
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on this website.

I was delighted to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay and that Kathleen our Head Housekeeper was most helpful in arranging to decorate the room.

I have noted your comments for future stays and when you would like to visit us again please contact our in house reservations who will be able to assist you with the room configurations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton York for another enjoyable visit.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Only one complaint really and that is the rip off fee of £18.00 per night to park your car in the hotel car park. We stayed B and B with six friends and all agreed breakfast was good, tea and coffee was on supply when requested. The rooms were clean and tidy, not much of a view unless you are lucky enough to be at the front, but who stays in the hotel bedroom that long anyway. The hotel is smack bang in the middle of a great city for sightseeing and only a short walk to the river. I would definately return but would take the train the next time, cheaper than parking the car !

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We travelled as a couple and we had a lovely time here. We were greeted by the staff who took the car and parked it, even though we were 5 hours before our check in time. We later checked in and the staff were very professional. Our room was top notch and we had condiments and wine and fruit waiting for us. It was spotlessly clean, and we had a superb view of the little castle. We did have a drink at the bar however the prices were ridiculous. £7.95 for one glass of 175ml of wine! The breakfast the following day was superb, and the gentleman greeting us was trained to the highest standard. Spent the nit round the corner at the Henry Beam which is part of the Hilton. Food was great, like an American diner, and cocktails to die for. Overall a great stay and would definitely go again. We were able to leave our car in the car park as long as we moved it before the end of the day, even though we checked out at 12. Great experience! Thank you

Stayed: March 2012
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to the Hilton York and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I will ensure your kind comments are passed to the team.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to the

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my family for a couple of days. The room is big enough for 4 people, the hotel is very clean and the service is excellent. There is no A/C (we did not needed), so I do not know if for the summer months this will be a good option. From the York train Station the best option is to take a £5 taxi to the hotel, it will take a solid 15 minute walk from the station. The hotel is across from Clifford Tower and the York Castle Museum. The breakfast was included on my rate and it was very good, otherwise it is expensive. The Wi-fi access is not included on your room unless you are Hilton Honors Gold Member and it is expensive.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank elector

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on this website.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you all back in the not too distant future.