We stayed at this hotel at the end of March 2009 and had a wonderful romantic weekend. From the moment we approached the door the service was exceptional. We stayed in the main house (room 1) and the decor fits the house style so well. As we were shown to the room we were given a potted history of the house in a friendly, professional manner. We booked dinner and spa treatments straight away and ended up having the sauna, steam room and pool to ourselves in the early evening.
We had pre-dinner drinks in the drawing room and were relieved when the large work party dined separately. Canapes and nibbles were served and then we chose the wine to go with our dinner with the help of the head waiter. The food was excellent quality and beautifully presented.
I would recommend this hotel wholeheartedly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall York