I made a telephone call to reception where i spoke to a supercilious gentleman called Jose who claimed to be the assistant manager. Had it not been for the fact my stay had been a gift for me and my wife I would never have set eyes on Middlethorpe Hall. I find it hard to believe such an insolent person is employed as the assistant manager for such a highly rated establishment.
That said we throughly enjoyed our stay and found the staff attentive, helpful and customer friendly. The fare was top class and the rooms clean, neat and tidy and most comfortable. The public rooms and gardens are exactly what one requires for a quiet and relaxing break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall York