We had a wonderful Christmas present treat for a stay at Middlethorpe Hall. It turned out even better as we were upgraded to the top four poster bedroom with lovely views over the garden.
The Hall is magnificent yet has a homely feel and you can almost dream of living there.
Staff could not be more attentive or helpful from offering to park the car to service in the restaurant.
We had a delightful champagne afternoon tea although it took 35 minutes to actually get some food.
The steaks we had in the restaurant were excellent but the sticky toffee souffle was a little sweet for our taste.
The spa and pool facilities were fine but the gym is a little basic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall York