We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of February and have to say that the experience was terrific.
On arrival we received a complimentary upgrade to a suite which was beautifully appointed and most comfortable.
We used the spa on two of the evenings and there was everything you needed for a relaxing hour - pool, steam room, sauna and whirlpool.
The hotel is most convenient for the lovely city of York and we used local taxis to ferry us to and from the centre.
Food (breakfast and dinner) was very good and restaurant staff were most helpful.
A thoroughly enjoyable stay made extra special by the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall York