“Very nice”

Middlethorpe Hall & Spa
Ranked #2 of 46 Hotels in York

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I organised a murder mystery independently of the hotel to be held at the hotel. The staff were very accommodating, and it was a lovely setting and atmosphere to hold an event such as this. I had an amazing night and a large part of that was down to how brilliant the hotel was on the night. Our wine glasses were constantly topped up and they worked closely with the murder mystery company to create a brilliant experience. Well done Middlethorpe!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We came to middlethorpe hall for a valentines/birthday get away, the hotel is very clean and tidy amazing rooms with all original period features, on our arrival we found hat we had been upgraded to a suite which was a lovely suprise, we had breakfast the next morning which was also to a very good standard with a lot of choice all staff are friendly and helpful, we are a young couple however still where made to feel very comfortable. Would defiantly recommend

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Strensall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were 3 friends returning to Middlethorpe for a special lunch in the Oak Room followed by a wonderful decleor facial treatment in the Middlethorpe Spa. We cannot fault the level of genuinely friendly and personal service both in the restaurant and the spa. The food was delicious, beautifully presented and portions were robust, served on immaculate crockery and glassware. Perfect thank you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jackie C
Odiham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I booked this through my companies travel agents for one night and did not have any preconceptions before my stay. What I can say is that it was one of the best hotels I have ever been to. I was in one of the courtyard rooms which were spacious, clean and well appointed. I went in to the spa for a swim and the pool was fantastic. I had dinner in the hotel restaurant and can honestly say that it is up there with the top restaurants I have visited, but the overwhelming memory of Middlethorpe was the absolutely fantastic service that I received from every single member of staff. I live about 250 miles away and was there on business but will definitely be going back with my wife for a trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Worcestershire
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This place is just lovely , calm , interesting and amazing soup ,the gardens were interesting even on a damp January morning ,the spa had a good swimming pool for the size of the spa , but the treatments were amazing we enoyed our visit so much we extended it by an extra nite , thank you for making our stay very relaxed

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank travelertogo_10
E.lothian
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My Husband booked this only on the Wednesday prior to staying on the Saturday night. This was a treat having had an awful emotional family loss earlier in the week.
He had booked a Deluxe room but on checking in we were upgraded to a Suite in The Courtyard. What can I say but SUPERB.
Having been a Hotelier .....I can be picky but there was nothing to grumble about. Full marks all round.
Dinner was excellant, service faultless, all staff were courteous and friendly. There are too many details and fantastic touches to mention.
The only 2 grumbles was the bathroom.. far too small. (my shower at home is the size of this bathroom) and THE COLD TAP WAS stuck, so could not use. Shower was working and wonderfull.
To be fair the Duty Manager rang the room to offer us the use of another room for a bath if we required. Now that is what finer details mean to us and appreciate.
The other grumble was the pair of "elephants" that were in the room upstairs very heavy feet.

Will be putting this Hotel on my WISH LIST of places to go and be pampered / spoilt again.
Very Very Well Done to all concerned.

Room Tip: Courtyard suite fantastic but go for an upstairs room.