Our splurge lodging for two nights on our recent trip to York. Lovely rooms, great service, excellent food. The hotel is under the care of the National Trust, the nonprofit that preserves England's historical properties and sites. Your pricey stay here helps the Trust. A plus for us, long time members of the Royal Oak Foundation, the American organization in alliance with the National Trust. We did not use the spa as time was limited, but we did visit long enough to get a feel for the services provided. On a longer visit, we would have definitely indulged!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall York