Park Inn by Radisson York
Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed here for one night with my boyfriend, the hotel looked dated from the outside but was the opposite when we got inside. The room was very very clean with fresh towels and the beds were very soft, we got a kingsize at no extra cost which I definitely recommend. The food in the hotel looked a little pricey but it didn't bother us as we ate out whilst staying in York anyway. The location of the hotel was also really good as you were just over the bridge from all the shops and pubs etc. staff were really friendly and also let us leave our bags in the hotel before we checked in and when we checked out and were waiting for our train. I would definitely recommend staying in this hotel to anyone, the only negative about the hotel is that I could hear doors slamming shut during the night and early morning which was annoying but I think you would get that anywhere.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Danielle T
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Danielle

i am very pleased to hear that you found the hotel to more than meet your expectations and you did not judge a book by its cover! Following a muti million pound refurbishment the hotel is now very much up to date and provides a clean, fresh and friendly environment for our guests. I know the team will appreciate your comments and know that they made a difference to your stay.

Warm regards

Write a ReviewReviews (2,143)

Reviewed August 29, 2013

very close to the railway station and city centre. Rooms are of a high quality and the hotel bar has a nice view over the river but both bar and catered event food is amazingly bad. When we ordered steamed greens what we were provided with was potatoes, butternut squash and parsnips - not the greenest selection and the coleslaw was fermented cabbage in oil. There are plenty of decent restaurants close by - so do yourself a favour - eat out.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Good morning. I am disappointed to read that whilst the found the hotel and location to be exactly to your needs, you were less impressed by the vegetables. You are quite correct that what you were served did not meet the description on the menu and I will certainly bring this error to the attention of the Head Chef. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I can assure you that this is not the norm and I do hope that you will try us again if your travels bring you back this way.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as a large family group for a 70th birthday. I booked early through booking.com and got good rates and we were able to change the booking the week before. The location is excellent overlooking the river Ouse and a short work into the centre. The rooms were a good size, clean and well equip. We didn't have breakfast as there is a nice cafe round the corner. Staff were polite and helpful. The only negative is you had to pay for parking, which is £12 a day. Overall a good hotel which we would visit again.

• Stayed: August 2013
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

I am delighted you found the hotel to be the ideal location for your family's birthday celebrations and we are pleased to know that insome way we contributed towards such a special occasion. Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experiences.

Warm regards

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here before
This time we booked a river view room as it was a birthday treat
The view was lovely
Straight out onto York minster
And local busy bars
The room was adequate
However the first thing I noticed was the runner on the bed
It was very stained
The rest of the bed linen was clean
The bathroom was shower only . No bath
The shower was useless
No power at all
The girls on reception were friendly and helpful
Didn't eat in hotel as decided to have breakfast out .
The only downside to choosing a river view room noisy till early hours of the morning ..
Overall a nice stay
And would come back.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank r4kas

I am very pleased to hear that you chose the Park Inn for your birthday celebrations. The location is perfect for all the tourist attractions, shops and bars. I do apologise for the mark on the runner; this is not our normal standard and we pride ourselves on maintaining a spotlessly clean hotel. Thank you for letting me know.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed in this hotel with a group of 6 for the Ebor festival. The hotel is centrally located and a mere 5 minute walk from the train station.

The rooms are what you would expect from a 3 star hotel with regards to their size. We had 3 twin rooms which were perfect for the 2 nights we stayed. The rooms are very clean and have tea making facilities. The bathroom was excellent with a good shower. The beds were very comfortable which is not always the case when staying 3 star.

I would book this hotel every year if I could.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Visiting York again for the races. Booked into this hotel last year and booked again for this. Hotel is in a great central location. Our room was on 4th floor and overlooked the river. Breakfast was included, a great choice available. Overall a very enjoyable stay. Will look to book again for next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

A few words to thank you for your repeat visit. It is always a pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel. May I recommend you book early for the races next year. I am sure you can appreciate that the city gets very busy at this time and there is a huge demand for hotel bedrooms. You can be confident that booking via the Park Inn website you will receive the best rates available. Hope you were lucky at the races!

Regards

Reviewed August 19, 2013

For a city centre break I'll use the Park Inn again. 5 mins walk from the railway station and just across the river from the city. My room was on the 8th floor overlooking the river and the Minster which was lovely. Very comfortable room, rainfall shower and big fluffy towels. A fridge in the room would have been useful as it was very warm when I stayed. Free internet but not very good on the 8th floor.. Breakfast was very busy, looked like there were a couple of groups in so a bit noisy. Basic hotel offerings, nothing special, more fresh fruits needed. Overall ideal for a city break, staff very helpful and willing to help suggest sighseeing etc.

Room Tip: Ask for river view on a high floor