“Centrally Located Quality Hotel.”

Park Inn by Radisson York
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in York
tamworth, staffs
“Centrally Located Quality Hotel.”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed at the Park Inn by Radisson on Easter Sunday for one night.
We originally booked a double room through Expedia but when we checked in we were given a twin room. After complaining they made the twin beds into a double as they had no double bed rooms left.
The hotel does look like an old office block from the outside, but fresh and modern inside and right in the centre of York itself.
Parking is very limited so its best to get there early to secure a parking space. Parking is £12 for 24 hours.
The room was spotlessly clean, with a nice big TV, although we did have to ring down for new batteries for the remote.
The shower had a monsoon shower head which was lovely, hot and refreshing.
The buffet breakfast was either continental or full english. The full english was hot and tasty and all you can eat. (This is included in the room price).
The hotel also has complimentary free WiFi which is reasonably fast, unlike some hotels iv'e stayed in.

On the whole the Park Inn by Radisson is a nice centrally located hotel, the staff are accommodating and friendly, the rooms are spotlessly clean and spacious, the breakfast is delicious and the price is reasonable. What more can you ask for!

Room Tip: We had a room to the rear of the hotel which was nice and quiet. I heard that room to the side of t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your very positive review of the hotel; it sounds as though you enjoyed our Yes I Can service! and had a very pleasant stay.

Warm regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Oswestry, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed here with business for 1 night at short notice. External impressions were not good as it looks like a 1960's office block. Parking was difficult with spaces extremely tight.

Check in was swift and room was clean and functional. Plus points are comfortable bed and excellent monsoon shower. Did not eat in restaurant.

Breakfast was ok which I will mention later but staff friendly and made me a bowl of porridge on request.

Room was booked through my company which cost £77.40 but on check out I was charged £13.50 for the aforementioned porridge and one cup of coffee. In addition the parking cost £12. In total the one night stay cost £102.90 which quite frankly is expensive for a 3 star hotel on a par with a Premier Inn.

Would not hurry to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I am very pleased to hear that you had a very comfortable night's stay and found the beds to be to your taste. We do offer competitive breakfast inclusive rates or for those who book breakfast on arrival, there is a discount and represents good value for money, so perhaps on your next stay you may consider these options.

We do hope this will not deter you from staying with us again.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Usually Stay at the queens hotel when i york, but on this occassion my company placed me in Park Inn. On arrival the hotel looks beautiful, you can see that they have just refurbed.
as i travelled on business i get dinner inclusive suring my stay. It was in the Bar/Dining area that this hotel shows its poor customer service and bad management.
I stood, waiting to order my food at the bar for around 10 minutes as there was no one behind the bar, after a wait a waiter/bar person who i think was either called jack or jake (i did not get a clear full look at his badge) walked right past me and served two girls who had only just walked into the bar and not even approached the bar!! When i told him how long i had been waiting he looked at me in disgust as in how dare i interupt him! when he did get round to serving me i was asked "so what do you want then" and my drink slammed down in front of me.

Now dont get me wrong, the food was lovely, i had the burger and chocolate brownie.. but it was this waiters attitude that soured my experience. he took my plates without even asking me if everything was okay!
I waited again for another drink, but this time rather than be side tracked by female guests, he stood talking to one of the waitresses and kept dissapearing to a conference room behind the bar. needless to say i did not get my second drink!

all in all i think management need to address that the male staff dont just fix themselves onto just the female guests.

Room Tip: Dont expect to be served if you are a man.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I do apologise for the apparent poor service; please be assured I will look into the matter. I am somewhat surprised as the person you refer to generally receives very positive feedback. Thank you for bringing the matter to my attention.

Regards
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed two nights for a work conference and I'd had to bring 11 laptops with me for part of the training. I was really concerned about being able to get them out of my highly impractical three door hatchback as I had had to ask our officer admin to pu them in. I need not have worried. Jake came to my assistance immediately, getting three heavy crates out of my awkward car without so much as a back twinge and then wheeled two crates in and then around the hotel as we figured out where to leave them, settling on the secure left luggage room. Jake was also a helpful barman, great waiter and general grafter, a credit to the hotel.

The room I stayed in on the 6th floor was clean, modern and comfortable (after I figured out the air-con/heating device) with a great view of the city. Shower lacked good water pressure and it took ages to get the conditioner out of my hair. Breakfast was adequate and they tracked down some de-caf tea for me. The car park is small and on a first come first serve basis and spaces are a bit tight, but it's very secure.

All staff were helpful during my stay and I would certainly go back again for a work stay. Also went on the original Ghost Walk which was excellent and very good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view if possible.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I am so pleased to hear that Jake came to your rescue! It sounds as though the team did their best to ensure that every aspect of your stay was a success. Thank you for taking the time to write; the team really appreciate it.

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Lovely clean and pleasant hotel. Excellent location. It's our anniversary today so enjoying it! We're here for another 2 days so hope it's as good as first impressions! Staff very friendly and food good. The breakfast lads are exceptional! Work very hard and very pleasant

• Stayed April 2013
Best wishes from all the team for a very Happy Anniversary! So pleased you are enjoying your special time here at the Park Inn by Radisson York.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Saly the food left a lot to be desired. Staff and Service were good.

Evening meal starters were appalling - Ceaser Salad might have had three croutons - Pate looked well off - Meat from carvery fine but veg overcooked and floppy - Breakfast Orange juice just tasted of the powder it must be made from.

Its a maze that is badly signed so got lost as there were a number of 2nd floors for the room

In room bottled water had been opened and let half full and not replaced. Fortunately Her Majesties Government was footing the bill for this - but they were robbed

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms in 8 Story block give river view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I note you were happy with your room but less so with the food. I do wish that you had spoken to the waiter at the time as we would have been happy to rectify the situation and find something more to your taste. Perhaps you would be kind enough to contact me directly(sally.hughes@rezidorparkinn.com) if you stay with us again, so that I can ensure you have a trouble free stay and you leave with a more positive impression of the hotel.

Surrey
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Park Inn is in a convenient location a short distance from the railway station and historic city centre. Many rooms have views onto the river and towards the city, but don’t rely on this as my room looked to the side over some air conditioning plant that hummed all the time.

I was in a small room but it was adequately furnished with comfortable double bed, tv, tea/ coffee, safe, modern bathroom with tissues and toiletries (no face cloth). My sleep wasn’t disturbed too much by the external mechanical plant. The heating wasn't very effective.

In-room wifi was free for one device or £5.70 per day for multiple devices and high speed for video, gaming, etc, so not too bad.

Breakfast was comprehensive and good quality with wide range of cereals, pastries, hot options, and fruit/yoghurts. A room service dinner was also good. There was a combined bar/restaurant that had a good menu. I spotted one older couple trying to have a quiet meal while a large group of rowdy people enjoyed the services of the bar, so the mix doesn’t always work well.

The staff were generally good.

Overall, the Park Inn is a reasonably good choice for York, but be aware of some drawbacks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends