“A very pleasant stay”

Park Inn by Radisson York
Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed January 14, 2013

A great hotel, very central and ideal for sightseeing in York. A very comfortable bed and beautifully clean bathroom. Breakfast was self-service buffet style but very good quality and plenty of choice. Parking a bit pricey at £12 a night but I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rob1971
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay and in particular for commenting about the cleanliness of the hotel. York has a lot to offer as a destination all the year round, so I do hope you keep checking our website for some amazing offers........

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson York

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Me and my wife spent a couple of nights at the Park Inn, firstly i would like to praise all the staff who quickly accomodated us with another room when the electrics went down in our room.
We would like also to say a big thank you the staff on reception for waiving the parking fee whitch i was ready to settle on checking out.
We would definetly return to this hotel in the future,the room was spacious and clean and the views were stunning.
Once again thank you for making it a special weekend for us both.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

I am delighted to hear you experienced first hand the Yes I Can hospitality which our hotels are famous for. It makes all the difference and I thank you for taking the time to comment on it.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at the Park Inn for one night during the holiday season. The hotel has a very good location. It's very accessible to most tourist attractions like York Minster, York City Walls; Jorvik Viking Centre etc.. We didn't drive but instead we took the train and the train station is very close to this hotel. The food was excellent. There were lots of choices to choose from. The staff at the restaurant during our breakfast were very helpful and friendly apart from the waiting staff on the door on duty on the 24th of December. She was so grumpy and rude. I think if one is in charge on the door, one should be friendly, welcoming and has a smile on his/her face. Over-all, if you're visiting York, this is the hotel we would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Prille
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

It was good to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at the hotel and found the location to be perfect for visiting all the main attractions; you really do not need your car whilst you are here and as you quite rightly point out, the railway station is just around the corner.

Please accept my apologies if you did not receive a warm welcome to breakfast; we pride ourselves on providing a high level of hospitality and I am sorry if on this occasion we failed to do so.

With many thanks

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We got a double room a couple of days before our stay on last minute.com paying just under £60 for bed and breakfast.

We were given a river view room on 2nd floor which was nice and spacious, with a lovely bathroom and nice hot shower. The bed was two singles pushed together as others have said but that just makes it nice and big so was fine with us! Unfortunately as with a previous reviewer we had an adjoining room and had very loud squeaking to wake up to the next morning, but it didn't last long (!) and that's not really the hotel's fault.

Service was good at breakfast and acceptable on reception-I've had worse but could've been a bit more jolly!

Breakfast was included so couldn't complain but would've been disappointed if we'd paid hotel price on the day for it. Not poor - just average and you can get better value at wetherspoons.

For the location and cost it was good and I would recommend. For the car park alone in terms of location right next to hotel, it was a bonus as you don't normally get this on city centre hotels. I don't think £12 for overnight parking is too bad.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Becky_Hull

Sounds like you had a great deal........ you can find some fantastic offers via our hotel website so do look out for another chance to visit York!

thank you for your great review; we really appreciate it.

Best wishes for the new year.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here for one night and was very pleased. The room was large with a view out on to the river, the bathroom appeared to be fairly new and was light, clean and modern. Breakfast was average, not the best but more than adequate. Overall everywhere was clean and well maintained which made it a comfortable, pleasant stay.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank x90gabs
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your very positive review of the hotel and your stay in York. I am very pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be of a high standard and particularly enjoyed the views of the river. I do hope that you find the time to visit again in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I, two sisters and brother-in-law stayed at the Park Inn by Radisson in York for the New Year. One of my sisters is in a wheelchair and the hotel could not have been more helpful. The receptionist, Barbara, was one of the most helpful receptionists I have ever met. She was so kind to my sister and had a very cheery nature and nothing was any trouble to her - a real asset. The food at this hotel is also very good and the rooms are spotlessly clean, warm and very comfortable with a hairdryer, ironing table, iron and tea/coffee-making facilities.

It is also a 10 minute walk from the Railway station and 5 minutes for York Minster. There are loads of restaurants close-by and York itself if just a wonderful city. The only downside was the weather which is something no-one can control!

All in all a fabulous trip and I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this hotel. This was our second visit to this hotel and we weren't disappointed. My son and his fiance have also stayed twice and we will go back to this hotel - there's no-where else I would stay!

Room Tip: Try booking a superior room as this overlooks the River Ouse and the Minster.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank HelenSandy
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

A very happy new year to you and your family. I am absolutely delighted you all had such a fantastic time here at the Park Inn by Radisson York. Thank you so much for speaking so positively about Barbara; I agree, she is a real asset to the hotel and demonstrates the Yes I Can spirit which is at the heart of our company. I know she will be thrilled to read your comments.

As a regular customer, I do hope you are a member of our company loyalty scheme, Club Carlson. Members quickly enjoy additional benefits including free stays!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The lifts wouldn't go to the 3rd floor had to go to 4th or 2nd then get the other lift. I had a room with a balcony over the river the heating wasn't working and had an ajoining door to room next door,waste of time it being there as it seemed the other guests were in my room with me as every noise was heard. The bar staff were rude particularly the afternoon lady I asked for a coffee and she barked that will be £2.75 before she had even made it. Other guests in my party commented how rude she was.Over-all nice but cold room, private function and waiting staff took plates away without first asking if you had finished and rushed through service. Not Impressed

Room Tip: Balcony rooms available room service expensive for what you get
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you very much for your review of the hotel; I will certainly ensure your comments to the attention fo the Food & Beverage Manager. We aim to ensure we provide a high level of service so your comments are definitely of value to us. We do have a few adjoining rooms, which are very popular with families who enjoy the security that gives when travelling with younger children. I am sorry on this occasion you found it not to be suitable for your purposes.

Kind regards