Novotel York Centre
Hilton York(York)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
2,629 results
All reviewsswimming poolx boxseparate toiletexecutive roomsofa bedcar parkhalf termreception areagood sizeper dayreception staffoverlooking the rivercoffee machinecastle museumclifford's toweryork centrewalk into town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Stayed at the Novotel for 2 nights B&B in October. Chose the hotel from Tripadvisor as it was central, had parking, had pretty good reviews, a pool (for the kids) and had refurbished rooms. We were not dissapointed.
Basically this is a good standard tourist class hotel. Nothing fancy but well situated, clean and had good sized rooms. We had a family superior room for 3 and it was very good, ample room, refurbished bathroom area and clean.
We only ate breakfasts at the hotel but they were very good, lots of choice etc. The restaurant at certain times dfid get very busy for breakfast with queues forming but they do make you aware of that.
A pleasant walk along the river (3-5 minutes) to the town centre, a stroll from Cliffords Tower and the Castle Museum so very weell situated and able to leave the car - bliss.
Would recommend to any family looking for good standards with good value.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
LudovicVerzi, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2010

Thank you for your very kind comments and compliments concerning your recent stay with us. I was please to read that you enjoyed your visit to York and with my team, I look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to the area. Kind regards, Ludovic Verzi

Reviewed October 30, 2010

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2010

We spent a long weekend at the Novotel and used it primarily as we wanted to be near the town centre but not too near all the noise that we had heard about on other reviews (that we didn't actually find in the end). Nice hotel but they seem to charge for absolutely everything from daily car park usage to wifi both of which I think are unnecessary. Cleanrooms, good food but a nightmare of a queue for breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2010
LudovicVerzi, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2010

Thank you for your kind comments concerning your recent stay with us in York and I sincerely hope to welcome you back on your next visit to the area. Kind regards, Ludovic Verzi

Reviewed October 20, 2010

Hotel is well appointed, spacious and with its own large car park (which is chargeable I'm afraid). If you stay frequently - I stay there at least once a week - you can join their regular guest list to gain express check in and complimentary drink.

Rooms are of a good size with some having river views. Each room has TV, internet (chargeable - would prefer it to be free like in the USA and elsewhere) and depending on your room the bathrooms are fabulous with the TV piped in.

The city is only ten minutes walk at a quick pace.

Guests tend to be business people with some coach tour buses staying over. Breakfast is an additional cost of £13 (if not provided in the room rate) so that is a bit pricey but you do get a wide range of breakfast options.

Overall a recommended choice.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
LudovicVerzi, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2010

Thank you for you kind comments and compliments concerning your recent stay with us. I am please that you enjoy your stays and our 'regular guest' welcome. Thank you for your custom. Kind regards, Ludovic Verzi

Reviewed October 18, 2010

I stayed in the Novotel York for a couple of nights on Business this October and I have to say I was most impressed with the hotel.
The hotel is fairly easy to find with a large car park (although the parking is chargable). The hotel reception area is bright and spacious with a well stocked bar and a games console for the kids.
The room I stayed in was excellent. The funky desk and chair was a welcome addition to the room and gave me lovely space to work in comfort. There was everything you would expect to find in the Novotel; good tea and coffee making facilities, nice toiletires, ironing board and iron etc.
The quality of this hotel speaks for itself when you get into the bed - so comfortable and easy to sleep in, I had one of the best nights sleep in a hotel I have ever had.
The breakfast and lunch were of a very good quality and the service wasalso friendly and efficient.
The location of the hotel is also good, within walking distance of York centre but also quite peaceful.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your very kind comments and compliments concerning your recent stay with us. With my team, I look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to the area. Kind regards, Ludovic Verzi