Novotel York Centre
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Pool
$174
$136
  • Restaurant
Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
$197
$98
  • Room Service
$144
2,653 results
All reviewsswimming poolx boxseparate toiletexecutive roomsofa bedcar parkhalf termreception areagood sizeper dayreception staffoverlooking the rivercoffee machinecastle museumclifford's toweryork centrewalk into town
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Was here for weekend in York with family to celebrate special birthday. Thought Novotel would be fine but it really exceeded our expectations. Checking in was slick and rooms were spacious although more room for hanging clothes would have been helpful. Breakfasts were very good albeit staff were under pressure and staff were so helpful. Bar area with free internet,wi game stations and child soft play area was great. Spacious with plenty seating and reasonable bar prices with really good food available was a bonus. Everyone of us was pleasantly surprised and would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mlcwPrestwick
ChristopheUghetto, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Good morning. Thank you very much for your kind words. I am very pleased you and your colleagues had a good weekend for such a special occasion. I will share your comments with the team and I am sure they will join me in hoping to see you again at the hotel for your next visit to York.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at York Novotel with my husband and our two children (3&6) for 3 nights and we had a very enjoyable stay. The location of the hotel is ideal, 5 minute walk along the river into town to the main sights and restaurants. We had a room at the back of the hotel with a view of the river which was lovely and very quiet. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast each morning was excellent and catered well for all of our tastes. Our kids really enjoyed having the Wii and xbox and kids corner in the reception area. We used the pool and had it to ourselves which was ideal! Overall it was an excellent, good value stay and I would definitely recommend the hotel to others!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel overlook the river rather than the car park.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Maria B

Good morning. Just a few words to thank you for your review. I have shared your comments with the team and we are all very pleased to read you and your family had a good time during your short break with us. We hope we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Check in was friendly and efficient. Was warned about smell of paint but didn't notice it. Fabulously comfortable bed with a firm mattress. Toilet separate from bathroom which I prefer. Bathroom bright and well cleaned. Strangely short on clothes storage. Wardrobe only 18 inches wide with 5 hangers. Fine for an overnight stay but small for a 3 day stay like mine. Only one shallow drawer. Other storage was 2 shelved cupboards - not really suitable for clothes. Also, nowhere to hang or dry damp clothes which was a shame as it rained each day I was there and had to hang clothes over the back of the chair. Room was very quiet. Liked that there was a speaker in the bathroom so you could still listen to TV or MP3. Plenty of choice at breakfast, mostly good although I found the bacon dry and the scrambled egg was served as a solid block. Booked an executive room as I was told these overlooked the river. This is a bit of a stretch.....they look towards the river but they certainly don't overlook it. I would say that the hotel's strengths are its proximity to the city centre and its very friendly, helpful and efficient staff. Would I stay there again. Yes but keep my fingers crossed for better storage

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
ChristopheUghetto, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Good morning. I just wanted to write a few words to thank you for your comments. I have shared them with the team this morning. I have also passed on your comments with regards to the lack of storage to our design teams and I know that this is being taken into account with our enw bedrooms. Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Had an enjoyable stay. Great location, close to attractions. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was great and bathroom looked like it had just been renovated. They are in the process of renovating the corridors. Definitely would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Andrea W

Good morning and many thanks for your review. I am very pleased to read you would consider staying with us again when you visit York next time. I have passed your comments to the team as they certainly do appreciate reading what our customers think. Corridors works should be finished by the end of this week. Thank you once again.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Reception is fine, bar remains open as late as the guests stay........however the rooms are distinctly average. Bland magnolia, boring furnishings, nothing of any real interest.

There currently re painting so it also smells a bit

Breakfast is buffet style, cooked is fine but the bread and cheese option is very boring

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Good morning and thank you for your review. I have taken on board your comments and we will do our utmost to keep developing our offer and products. Thank you for your honest feedback. I hope we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back in the near future.