Novotel York Centre
$233
$142
  • Pool
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
$80
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
$136
  • Restaurant
Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
$189
$107
  • Room Service
$145
2,651 results
All reviewsswimming poolx boxseparate toiletexecutive roomsofa bedcar parkhalf termreception areagood sizeper dayreception staffoverlooking the rivercoffee machinecastle museumclifford's toweryork centrewalk into town
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We used this hotel as an overnight stay as we drove from London to Scotland. We were jet lagged and hot and while the folks were friendly, the hotel is a bit tired. Can tell people move through and not a "destination" place so lobby seems used and dirty, hall and walls the same. I commented on the heat and the desk attendant immediately asked if we wanted a fan brought up to which I replied "yes!". They did, albeit a dusty, dirty one, but it worked and at that point who cares. A slight walk into York but after flying overnight and driving up from London, we needed to stay awake and the walk into town was good for us. I'd say about 1 mile into city center. Not bad. York is a fantastic medieval town and one of my favorites. Would I stay again? Probably not. If you have small children or don't care about what the hotel looks like and plan on spending from 8 pm until the am in the room, only needing a clean bed and shower, then this is the place. Not terrible but not great. Oh and breakfast is pricey so be forewarned.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank winelvr83
ChristopheUghetto, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Good morning and thank you for your review. I am disappointed to read we did not meet your expectations and will take your comments on board to bring in improvements as necessary. I hope you had a safe journey back home and would like to wish you all the best for the future.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Booked the Novotel as it is central and a brand I know. I was staying with my daughter and mother in two rooms. We were very happy with the size of the rooms and the facilities on offer. Sure it's design is pretty bland, particularly the decor, but the fixtures and fittings were of a high standard for 3 star.

I was particularly impressed with the quality of the buffet breakfast, particularly as we had been staying in places which cook breakfast to order, so our standards are high. My vegetarian mother was very pleased that veggie sausages were on the buffet.

The hotel was full but it was incredibly quiet in our room - the provision of a door between the room door and the bedroom helped to keep it quiet.

Finally, we found all the staff to be friendly and polite with particular praise for the reception staff. I would happily recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in a superior queen room which we booked a few weeks ahead at a reduced price. Having a sofa was brilliant and felt very spa cious.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Good morning. I just wanted to thank you for your comments. I have shared them with the reception and breakfast teams as I know they will be very pleased to read them. I hope we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back to one of our hotels.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We thought the hotel was a good value for families. Our grands loved the pool, the Wii in the lobby and the buffet breakfast. The location was very handy to public transportation. We would use Novotel again in England.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Dee1081
ChristopheUghetto, General Manager at Novotel York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Good morning. I just wanted to thank you for your comment. I am very pleased you and your grandchildren had a good time whilst visiting the beautiful city of York and staying with us. We are looking forward to seeing you again in one of our Novotels!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have just spent 4 nights in this hotel, its clean, the staff are very friendly, the breakfast buffet was very good, I noticed previous comments about lack of fruit at breakfast, this has now been rectified with lots of choice now.We ate in the hotel most nights and had the buffet at £19 per head its well worth it for a 3 course dinner.The room was a little small although we stayed here a few years ago we had a superior room before and this time it was a standard double you can tell the difference,the walls could do with a lick of paint ie stains under window but apart from that room was fine, we were given a room on the 4th floor we were told they were doing some work up there when the lift arrived at the 4th floor it was dusty workmen were mixing plaster and taking of old skirting boards and sanding, the carpets were covered but you could smell the dust and there was a layer on the furniture in the room so we asked to be moved which they did to the 3rd floor so no problem with that,just one downside the room was very hot with the window open it was noisy,maybe a small fan in each of the rooms might be a good idea.This hotel is brilliant for walking into the city and exploring, we bought a 3 day york pass each and it was fantastic we did so much that we wouldnt have normally have done,I bought them online and picked them up at the tourist information office, if you want to see all the sights in York these tickets are a must,would stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the river
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ginger197

Good morning. Many thanks for your review. I am delighted to read you had a good time and made the most of your York Pass and I will certainly share your comments with the tourism office. I would also like to apologise for the dust levels on the 4th floor corridor and actions have been taken to minimise this issue. We have indeed starting the refurbishment of all the lift lobbies and corridors and will afterwards move into the bedrooms. Thank you once again for your review and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel was too expensive. Tried to pass itself off as a luxury hotel, but unfortunatly it was more like a large travel lodge. Grubby walls in entrance to reception. tiny swimming pool. Poor quality for the money.Stayed in much nicer hotels for the same money. The room was ok decorated to a decent standard but generally the hotel wasnt worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Good morning and thank you for your honest feedback. I am obviously disappointed to read your experience did not meet your expectations and hope this will not deter you from using Novotel again in the future. Your points have been taken into account and refurbishment of some areas are on the way. Many thanks for your review.