Dean Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection
  • Pool
B+B York(York)(Great Value!)
$71
  • Breakfast included
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
$89
$79
  • Pool
$174
$136
  • Restaurant
Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
$197
Agoda.com
$144
Official Site
1,774 results
All reviewsyork minstertaxi rankkedgereedch restaurantvalet parking isminster bellsperfect locationlovely hoteleggs benedictkippersno air conditioningbreakfast was excellentvisiting yorkthird floorbooked this hotelsmall roomfamily room
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a 3 night Dinner Bed and Breakfast break. This was very good value as we could choose anything from both menus rather than having a set allowance as is often the case.
The service and staff at the hotel were great and the room was very good and comfortable.
I would recommend a visit to anyone. It is situated directly opposite York Minster and right in the centre of the city making everything very accessible. We went by train so parking was not an issue but I think they do have parking available.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Everything about this hotel is first class. It is located directly opposite the York Minster and all of the City's shops, restaurants and historic sites are only a few minutes walk away. Accommodation, decor and furnishings are all excellent. We were in a third floor room and the only thing I would say is that as hot air rises, on a mild winter's day even with the windows open the rooom was, for us, too hot. Bath, shower and W.C facilities were beautifully clean and well maintained. The staff are attentive, cheerful and very helpful. The breakfast was substantial, well cooked and presented. There is no parking outside the premises but the hotel operates a valet parking service for (I think) around £13 p.n. We would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alison S
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My partner and I stayed at the DCH for his 40th in November, whilst my sister looked after our Son and Baby. I researched the hotels for months and am really glad I settled on the DCH.

We were greeted with a smile, checked in efficiently, helped to our room with our luggage and had the car taken via the Valet Parking guys.

Once in our room, we found it to be of a decent size, well stocked with tea, decaf tea, coffee, latte, hot chocolate, biscuits, water in the fridge and toiletries in the bathroom. The only downside, as others have said, is that it was extremely hot, even for the end of November. We didn't pay for an upgraded room so didn't get a view of the Minster, but still thought the room was good - we expected it to be smaller due to the reviews by some, but again this wasn't an issue to us.

The location was perfect, right in the heart of everything. Great for a stroll into York then back to the room to freshen up. Breakfast was great, I tried the eggs benedict one morning and had a full English the next - I couldn't fault either. The "help yourself" breakfast table with salad, juices, cereal and croissants etc. was very well stocked and replenished, however I did have to ask for more Fresh Orange, but this was attended too promptly.

We never used the Bar as there were so many quirky little pubs and bars around.

We absolutely loved our weekend away and would not hesitate to recommend the DCH to family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2014

What initially attracted us to the hotel was it's location, but that soon paled in comparison by its other qualities, such as the friendliness of the hotel staff and cleanliness. One of our rooms overlooked Duncombe Place, which gave us a fantastic view of York Minster, especially in the evening when it was illuminated. Rooms were stylish and furnished well, and Wifi service was quite fast, with no noticeable black spots. We will happily stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights during the weekend between Christmas and New Year. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very smartly dressed chap who cheerily helped us with our luggage and took care of the valet parking, which we consider a necessity when choosing to stay in a city hotel. Our room faced the rear of the building and was classed as a small double which was adequate in size with plenty of storage space and very clean. It appeared that the bathroom had been recently refurbished and the shower was very powerful. The only bad points with the room were that it was rather dark and gloomy and the door rattled every time someone walked past in the corridor outside. Our breakfast on the first morning was disappointing because it was served lukewarm. I ordered Eggs Benedict and it was absolutely swamped in hollandaise sauce which was obviously wrong.The breakfast supervisor Jayne confided that 3 of the staff had phoned in sick that morning so we made allowances and did not complain about the lukewarm food. However, the next morning the attitude from the staff in the breakfast room was extremely rude and frantic, particularly Jayne. We were shown to our table by a young waitress and gave our order for tea and coffee. After 30 minutes we were still waiting and noticed that people who came in after us were being served before us. I brought this to the attention of another young waitress who duly reported this to the kitchen and we finally received our hot drinks. When Jayne came to take our order for the food I told her we had waited for 30 minutes for our drinks. Her response was to suggest that we had stolled into the breakfast room and sat down without being shown to our table. When I assured her that this was most certainly not the case she brusqely retorted "well I didn't see you and If I don't see you I can't do much about it"! What a discourteous, ridiculous response! I heard her say the same thing to another lady on an adjacent table who firmly told her that she did see her because she had turned round and looked her straight in the eye! If this is the policy of the breakfast room it is utterly absurd. The other couple informed us that they had waited for 45 minutes on the Saturday morning for their breakfast and had encountered the same rude behaviour from Jayne. My husband also witnessed Jayne bullying the younger waitresses in full view and hearing of the breakfast diners. It is such a shame that one individual spoiled what should have been a relaxing pleasant breakfast experience in such a lovely room overlooking the Minster.
Overall this is a very nice hotel with great character and is situated perfectly for exploring York.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple