“Great Polish Resaurant give it a try!”
Review of Barbakan

Barbakan
Ranked #15 of 881 Restaurants in York
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Great Polish Resaurant give it a try!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This small but quaint Polish restaurant situated towards the bottom of Fossgate has wide selection of vegetarian dishes to choose from and all at excellent value for money. The staff at all times was courteous and helpful and a wonderful lunch for two was washed down with two large glasses of House wine for under £25! Whilst we were in they were turning people away for the evening sessions which fully booked and this did not surprise us. A great atmosphere and a restaurant we will certainly be returning to dine in when next in the area.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Steveb540

• Polish first
“Truly memorable experience”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This is a wonderful Polish restaurant with lovely, unusual food and a fantastic atmosphere. We've been in York on a short break but would consider coming back just to go to Barbakan again.

1 Thank jacquir88
Romsey, United Kingdom
“Good food and atmosphere at a reasonable price”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I'd never been to a polish restaurant before, but Barbakan makes me more likely to do so again. Good food, very friendly people and a nice atmosphere.

1 Thank Phil T
“Potato cakes and Goulash”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Having just returned from Poland I was in need of Polish fair. I must say I wasn't disappointed. I had taken two clients from Korea who were staying in York sight seeing and asked if they fancied a change of cuisine.
I had potato cake and goulash and it tasted just like some I had in Biesczady recently. My clients had gołąbki which also was delicious. In fact Mr Yang declared that he must visit Poland to eat the food! Thank you very much the food and ambience were both fantastic! I will be visiting again

York, United Kingdom
“Love this place. Very tasty food. Definitely coming back!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Went here last night for the first time after great reviews from friends and neighbours. We were not disappointed. I had the hunters stew which was delicious and very hearty. The only bummer was that they had run out of bread pots...that just gives us an excuse to go back!

• Visited October 2013