“Post Races Meal”

Gourmet Burger Kitchen
Ranked #392 of 929 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving up gourmet burgers in the UK since 2001. Offering a variety of delicious burgers, homemade sauces and seriously good milkshakes.
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Although, it was a busy day in York, due mainly to the Races but also and to done extremely nice weather and the school holidays, we were seated and served quickly.
The food was good and the staff were pleasant.
Would recommend this for anyone wanting a quick meal, either before the journey home after the races or between the races and the evening out

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had two burgers, 2 chips, 2 dips, 2 milkshakes and a beer. I had the habanero burger. It was nicely made, but not overly filling or spicy and the whole meal was way too overpriced at £20 for a burger, chips, dip and milkshake.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We visited this restaurant on 28/06/14 we had the burger bundle and were absolutely excellent food , we have never tasted a burger like it it just melted in your mouth defo go again .

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We ordered from the lunch menu, classic Cheese burgers. We were not asked which cheese we wanted so we think we got Cheddar. You could hardly taste the cheese because it was a very thin slice im not sure if this is because we ordered from the lunch menu which is a smaller burger. The burger tasted good with a flame grilled taste and was well presented. The skinny fries were very skinny, crispy and tasted good. I couldnt taste the mayo in the burger to be honest and the ketchup was a bit sharp for my liking, small detail but important.

Compaired to the other Burger restaurant in York which works out around the same price I think what lets this place down is ordering at the counter etc. I understand thats how some places work but the fact that other similar places will have that will go against them when your paying for a premium quality burger.

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Visited GBK a week ago for lunch. Having been to the one in Leeds a few times I was confident I'd have a nice lunch but was very disappointed in my dry classic burger, very expensive onion rings and skinny fries. The best bit about the whole meal was my drink-elderflower fizz.