“Good service and tasty burgers.”

Gourmet Burger Kitchen
Ranked #392 of 935 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving up gourmet burgers in the UK since 2001. Offering a variety of delicious burgers, homemade sauces and seriously good milkshakes.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My partner and I stopped here for an early dinner after watching a movie at the nearby City Screen cinema. I have a City Screen membership card, which got us a 25% discount on the total bill at the restaurant, so I was keen to try the burgers.

We were quickly shown to a table. After perusing the menus, I took note of our table number and went up to the counter to order. We had orange juice, and a ginger and lemongrass drink with mint, lemon and lime wedges. The cost of a refill on the ginger and lemongrass drink was discounted, so I ordered that as well. While we waited for the food to arrive, we snacked on the free peanuts which were available to each table.

For food I ordered the sliders, and my partner had a chicken burger (which could be grilled or crumbed) with cranberry and camembert. We also shared a side of onion rings. The burgers didn't come with fries or chips; I think if I were hungrier next time I'd order skinny fries as well, but the onion rings were sufficient. They were thick cut and served hot; I enjoyed them a lot. The meat in the sliders was well grilled with a very good flavour. I liked being able to sample a variety of mini burgers, and my partner enjoyed his chicken burger too.

With the discount, the cost of the meal came to around £22. I also put a couple of pounds into the little cups at the counter which hold tips, as the service at the restaurant was friendly and attentive. I'd happily eat at this GBK again, and would also recommend it to friends.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Lovely burgers and the children loved the skinny fries. The Oreo milkshake was divine!! Sit by the window and watch the shoppers go by!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Visited GBK on Sat 23rd Feb 2013 with family and was very disappointed. Having previously visited 5 years ago I was looking forward to a return visit as I had fond memories of good food at a reasonable price. What`s happened? Yes, the burgers are better than your average fast food joint but to be asked to pay nearly £10 for just a burger and then £2.75 for a small portion of chips really is laughable. A family of 4 can expect to pay approx. £50 for meal. Not worth the money. A short walk from GBK reveals plenty of establishments where for the same money you can order a full meal with all the trimmings and a drink in much more comfortable surroundings. What a shame,

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was particularly impressed with the staff at this GBK, they were very attentive and welcoming. I would recommend the halloumi skewers, the dipping sauce is lovely!

2  Thank nicvowles
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I ordered the Habanero Chicken Burger, and it was tasty. The service is excellent and there is free nuts to eat. Thumbs up for that. Love the interior and very beautiful. Definitely gonna come back to GBK soon. And by the way, the panko crumbed chicken is HALAL :) Yeay for that.

2  Thank Aimi K