“Nice inn,good value”

Ranked #150 of 192 York B&B and Inns
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Nice inn,good value”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed here for the Jorvik festival finale so central York hotels were sold out or too expensive. We got the family room for about £60, found the place easily, plenty of parking. Check in was easy enough although the card machine wasn't working so I couldn't use my credit card as planned and used all of my weekend's cash up. The room was nice, clean and spacious, it had a separate, shared bathroom but didn't see anyone else using it so didn't cause a problem. We walked into York, the Jorvik centre is less than 2 miles away. The room had tea coffee, water, a sink, towels, and hair dryer.

Really happy with this place some friends booked a travelodge last minute and had to pay over £100 and were a £20 cab ride out of town.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank molespit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

The room was really cosy,clean and warm!Good facilities within the room!I will definitely stay here again!It is near town centre and I recommend this place to anybody!The staff are very friendly!When I had a drink with my friend we were very pleased to have a chat with the locals!:)Enjoy!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I arrived here at 1300 on the day i was supposed to book in. I presented my e mail confirmation from Booking.com and was duly told by the proprieter, " I have no record of this, Booking.com dont inform me of impending guests" I stated I spoke to you last month and asked you questions regarding my booking, you knew I was coming. She said " well I haven't got a room for you" This was York's busiest weekends of the year, I ended up driving the 100 miles back home unable to secure alternative accommodation! well done Booking.com & the Saddle Inn you made my visit to York most memorable.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank BedlingtonSteve

Travelers are raving about these York hotels

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Paying £35 for the night I didnt expect much, and that is what I got. The room was ok, although quite a lot of road noise woke me up early. The bed was comfortable enough, the room facilities basic, although a surprisingly good shower. No food, just tea and coffee stuff. The wifi worked fine for me. The room was quite hot.

The barmaid in the pub was friendly and welcoming, and the beer was tasty and cheap (I'm from the south!).

Overall, if you want a cheap place to stay, with very little else, close to the centre of York or near the University, then I'd recommend it. If you want anything else above those basics, you need to go elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank chris j
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner visited for a few nights. The landlady was welcoming and the staff were pleasent. The room itself was ok however we had issues connecting to the wifi and I have an S4 so no way it can be phone related. The wifi was a big issue for us so hence 3 stars.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Clean, well maintained and a friendly welcome. Only £35 for a double room with a King size bed 15 minutes walk from the city. Great value. You are above a pub so therefore expect some noise during pub hours but did not bother us too much. I would gladly recommend this accommodation to anyone on a budget.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Chris666Mann
Kincardine, Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

This is a good wee place to stay, only about 2 miles from York centre.We stayed there 10th thru 13th Sept 2013. It is a set of rooms over the bar. So, it does come with some noise, you should expect this. We decided it was a great excuse to join in! The people, May and Sharon were absolutely wonderful, they were decent, nice and had a great sense of humour! It's a good job I am married! The bar is nice, beer is cold and reasonably priced. There is no bar food, but it is smoke free, as is the rest of the Inn. the room was nice, at 35 pounds a night, do not expect the Ritz. But, it was clean, safe, bed was comfy and the room was refreshed daily. Room 1 has an ensuite, with a rear view that is quiet. The hallway produced some noise, due to doors slamming, but was not overly bothersome. So, in summary, safe, fun, clean, cheap with a good bed! A note of caution. The first time you go into the car park, be careful, the entrance is verrrryyy tight! Would definitely stay there again. Good job ladies!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple