“Friendliest b and b ever.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in York
Heidi's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #115 of 195 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Other reviews will say the double room is very small. It is. However the size of the room is of little consequence when you are asleep. The stay was booked at very short notice, the night before. It was more than adequate for the job. I would prefer a bigger room but what the hell?
Heidi and her husband have to be one of the most amenable couples running a b and b I have ever come across. The breakfast is absolutely fine. Parking is easy. Directly outside the premises on the road for which a pass is provided by Heidi.
Located some ten minutes or so from the centre there's not much else to say about it.
Would I stay here again? Yes, but I'd probably book the larger room for a couple of quid more.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Hiedi,s b&b is a no frills exactly what it says on the tin sort of place. There are three rooms two of which are quite small. Our room was small but cosy. The bedding was clean and the bathroom also. A chrome rail between the chimney breast was the makeshift wardrobe, below this was a small drawer unit not for use as it is home to the hairdryer, brochures etc. A tray with tea making facilities sits on top of this unit. The bathroom is quite modern with a nice shower cubicle, the toilet unfortunately is very noise when flushed, if used during the night I expect the other residents may be disturbed. The bed was quite spacious and firm. Breakfast was a small glass of orange juice followed by what ever was ordered on the previous evening, a nice selection. Hiedi was a perfect host. We would stay here again as its all you need for a short visit to York

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Very welcoming b&b, spotless, tasteful and comfortable. 10 minute pleasant walk from Clifford's tower and city centre. Fantastic service. Quiet location but close to all amenities and main roads. Would absolutely stay again without a shadow of a doubt.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights during our first ever visit to York. The room was warm and comfortable(despite the freezing weather outside). Breakfast was excellent and our hosts very friendly and helpful.We were offered (and gratefully accepted) lots of useful local information and advice. We will stay here again when we next visit York.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Colin W
Reviewed November 7, 2012

On our arrival the heating had not been turned on and our room was freezing. There was no wardrobe so we had to hang all our clothes on a hat stand!! I thought the double room was very overpriced. It was very small with two very narrow beds and very thin mattresses. The ensuite bathroom was also tiny. Breakfast was not great, with little choice- no fruit on the side to choose from which surprised me and the cheapest bread and sausages used.
On our last day we were told that the latest breakfast that could be served was 9.30am, whereas the day before it was at 10.00- strange! Then we HAD to be out by 10.00am. This was unacceptably early; most B & Bs have a checkout time of 11.00am. 10.00am is totally unreasonable. I wasn't out by 10.00 and so the landlady- ,Heidi, was very rude, telling me t, ''out you go, you've messed me around enough lady...'' I was very shocked and annoyed as my friend and I had paid £80 + for 2 nights. I have never met such an inflexible or hardfaced hostess before. I left quite upset. Don't go there- you can do better.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Geraldine C
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here just for one night and it was just what we were after . Clean room and bathroom , nice host and a great breakfast in the morning (Pancakes !)

Room wasn't massive but wasn't really bothered as it was only somewhere to crash .

Only other gripe was the towels were a bit rough and like cardboard .

I'd stay again if in York .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We have stayed at several places in York,but this is head and shoulders above the rest! Very friendly, welcoming staff, clean, comfortable and not far from the city. Will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Even the small room wasn't too bad