“spa day for two”

5 Senses Spa
Ranked #2 of 20 Spas & Wellness in York
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to 5 Senses Spa 2,000 years ago it was believed that a spa was a place that should be more than a retreat - it was considered to be a place to nurture your mind and body. Here at the 5 Senses Spa we have created a welcoming and relaxing environment for you to enjoy the fundamental principle of SPA. Housed within the Mount Royale Hotel,we are situated within walking distance of the Micklegate Bar Walls and train station, we offer the ultimate in relaxation and pampering with treatments and massages that indulge, enhance and emphasise the importance of the five senses:- sight, taste, smell, hearing and touch. The fragrance of specially blended oils, herbs and spices fills the air so your body and mind immediately relax in anticipation of the luxurious experience that awaits. A blend of Eastern and Western massage techniques together with our aromatic oils inspire our extraordinary range of 5 Senses Spa treatments.
Hampshire, UK
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“spa day for two”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Had a two hour massage and facial with my mother. The therapist tailored my mothers treatment to accommodate her back problem. Came out feeling marvellous. Very good value for money.

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Fab!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband treated us to a 2 hour relaxing treatment here as part of a special birthday day out.....it did not disappoint! Friendly, great staff welcome you on arrival and having visited Thailand a few times ourselves can say that the treatments are very authentic! Loved every minute of it.....would highly recommend it!!! x

1 Thank KandATravels
Guisborough, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Hen Weekend Heaven!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was my 2nd visit to 5 Senses. My partner and I had a Thai Aromatic Massage in March to test the spa for it's quality with a view to having my hen weekend in York. I enjoyed my massage so much that it was always going to be the place to bring the girls.

We booked one of the monthly offers, a 2 hour massage treatment for just £69. When I booked I explained to the staff we were a hen group of 7 and they basically booked the whole spa out for us for the afternoon. Provided with nibbles and someone topping up drinks and food all afternoon we couldn't have asked for better service. We truly felt spoiled and as the hen I was happy to see everyone being taken care of so I could just relax and enjoy everything.

The surroundings in the spa are amazing. As a therapist myself I'm always looking for ideas to improve my own business and have taken away some really good plans with me. It's also difficult to find a therapist who compares to your own massage but twice now I have been pleased with the quality of the massage. There's always things we'd do differently but I am more than happy to pay to come here for a massage, especially if it means I get a weekend away. ;)
Anyone who knows me will know I don't part with cash very easily for massage, so you can be assured that these girls know what they're doing.

We had taxi's arranged for us by the spa, champagne flutes provided, nibbles and tea (they have the most amazing fruit tea). Truly a pleasure to spend time in this calm space. DO your body and mind a favour and book yourself in!

“Utter relaxation”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a must, the treatments are amazing, the surroundings are beautiful and staff superb!
I've been several times over the years and the relaxation room before and after treatment really helps you relax. The true Thai touches really set the scene.
The Thai Taster packages are fab value and change every two months.
It really is a tranquil treasure in the beautiful city of York.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Poorly planned and Poorly staffed”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We booked the Bodytonix Spa for six people for a hen do. We had the morning slot so arrived early to make the most of the day. We were firstly shown to a room that was 'ours' for the day - actually the general room for drinking tea for all spa users. We were then unceremoniously presented with the bill - despite the staff knowing it was a hen do and a special occasion.

We were shown the facilities which were simple and clean. Our treatments were then spread over three hours in 30 minute slots which meant that at no point did we all get to be together as one or more was off having a treatment. The wrong treatment was given to one party member and another was given a very poor gel manicure, it was done very quickly and chipped almost straight away despite being told it would last two weeks. There was no communication at all when we complained.
Also, the spa is small, we had it with another two couples until about eleven when a huge hen party arrived. There was not enough space in all the facilities for all the guests and it became noisy and unrelaxing. Badly organised and executed day, I would check how busy it is before booking.

1 Thank Beccafitz24