“feels like heaven”

5 Senses Spa
Ranked #2 of 20 Spas & Wellness in York
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to 5 Senses Spa 2,000 years ago it was believed that a spa was a place that should be more than a retreat - it was considered to be a place to nurture your mind and body. Here at the 5 Senses Spa we have created a welcoming and relaxing environment for you to enjoy the fundamental principle of SPA. Housed within the Mount Royale Hotel,we are situated within walking distance of the Micklegate Bar Walls and train station, we offer the ultimate in relaxation and pampering with treatments and massages that indulge, enhance and emphasise the importance of the five senses:- sight, taste, smell, hearing and touch. The fragrance of specially blended oils, herbs and spices fills the air so your body and mind immediately relax in anticipation of the luxurious experience that awaits. A blend of Eastern and Western massage techniques together with our aromatic oils inspire our extraordinary range of 5 Senses Spa treatments.
York, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“feels like heaven”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

amazing place massages are wonderful,i attend quite often,its so relaxing,staff cant do enough to make it a magical experiance

Visited April 2013

Bedford, United Kingdom
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“5 Senses Spa”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Went for the winter package: hot stone massage, head massage and arms and hands pampering. It lasted two hours in all and cost £75 which I think is an excellent price compared to other places I have been.
The staff were very welcoming and the building was nice.
Would recommend.

1 Thank the-rach
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very dissappointing”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Dissappointed with the faclities here we went as a group of seven on a spa day. The spa is located at the bottom of the hotel garden in wooden huts, which is quite different, i like quirky but i was left disappointed. The facitlities are not for seven people, the sauna we just all squeezed in to and this was the only time we could use the facilities together the hot tub was only for four really, the steam room for two, one shower, one toilet and four changing rooms, so it was must to our dismay when we realised others had been booked in the spa at the same time. This spa is too small to accomadate this. The place did not reflect the price paid.

1 Thank Cief4
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

My hubby booked me the winter package plus manicure and pedicure as a surprise for my 40th birthday. Thoroughly enjoyed a very relaxing 3 hours. All the staff were first class, really enjoyed the hot stone massage. Highly recommended xx

Bridlington
“Really enjoyable”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I disagree with the bad reviews. Ok I haven't been to a Spa before, but my daughter and I went on a half day spa day and loved it. I had the facial which was more of a mini massage and facial which was wonderfully relaxing but got rid of some tension points as well. I've had a couple of facials before but not one as good as that. My daughter had a full body massage and no the face wasn't included but she has one regularly and thought this one was great but has never had her face massaged when she has had a body massage before. We had lunch the mussels and a glass of wine, both yummy. No carpets anywhere in the changing rooms or steam and sauna rooms. The music was just gentle background music. I also had a manicure which was very relaxing and my daughter had the reflexology, again which we both enjoyed. All the staff were lovely and couldn't do enough for you. Yes it was quiet but there was one other lady there at the same time and she seemed to be enjoying the whole experience as much as we were. Yes it is quirky but the whole place has lovely friendly atmosphere, and it fits in with it being York when you think of the shambles. I had being in hospital just before Christmas and this spa half day was just what I needed. Both my daughter and myself came away feeling very relaxed and happy and rejuvanated, and want to go back again. I just hope other people who have enjoyed going to Body Tonix write a review. Four stars because I wish the 3 hours had been 4, with lunch the time was a bit short for the sauna, steam room and hot tub..