“Great location, big, clean family rooms”

Premier Inn York City (Blossom St South) Hotel
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed one night (1 adult two kids) family room was big, coean with roll out bed, double and single already made up. Breakfast was varied and fresh too, goid value if a single parent as kids eat free. Wifi not bad at three quid for 24 hours, lcation is spot on, city walls and station 5 min walk away

2  Thank exileonmainstreet

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Fantastic staff who couldn't have been more helpful, great clean hotel in good location near to train station & all amenities. Will definitely stay again & recommend to anyone visiting York. Comfortable spacious rooms too. Couldn't fault it.

3  Thank Julezg68
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hi we stayed here may 2013 for 2 nights the hotel is in a good position for the city attractions plus train station etc ,this hotel is much better than its sister hotel a few doors along[blossom st north] as it has a bar/grill on site ,the room was spotless and the staff were very helpful,my only slight moan is that our room looked out onto the roof of the grill where there was a large extracter fan this provded a constant noise and we could not have the window open because of the smell of food,but this apart this hotel provides a good affordable place to stay in york but if you are planning a long stay go on the train as parking is very costly,but i will be staying again as you can walk to all the sites from this hotel

Room Tip: avoid rooms overlooking the grill fan
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank johnwKeighley
Reviewed August 27, 2013

First Class train journey from with great Eastern from London to York then with just a 5 minute walk from the station, a very warm welcome from the Premier Inn Staff completed a very enjoyable day. The next two days were just as enjoyable. Great staff throughout made this a very pleasurable stay.
Situated just outside the City Walls, this is really a well positioned hotel. The restaurant and bar offer both comfort and friendly atmosphere.
As York is vibrant with visitors, security is also a good point as access to both lift and floors is via door key scan.

Room Tip: At the rear of the hotel, though not an ideal view, if you prefer to sleep with an open window then...
2  Thank Stuart H
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel was very good, clean and comfortable. The staff were exceptional and made the overall stay was excellent. The location was prime to York City Center. The hotel facilities for children were great, The breakfast and evening meals we had were very tasty and very fresh. We will certainly be returning to this hotel in the very near future.

1  Thank Jim A
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Great location for exploring York on foot. Parking close by but expensive, hotel clean and basic as you would expect. Expensive for what you get. Room was large and comfortable but dark with one small window.

1  Thank Lynsey M
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed at the south part of the hotel with my teenage son and 7 year old grandson. We arrived early so our room was not ready this was not a problem because we knew we were too early. The lady in reception took our cases and stored them in a locked room, gave us a map of York and off we went for a good day. We had a vey clean family room on the ground floor room 3, the room was big enough with plenty off room for our clothes, sheets were soft and clean, we had plenty of pillows and they all looked new ( yes I always check for stains ) we did not a very good view from our room back window but this was ok for us we did not come to York for a good view from our room, the bathroom was ok with a great bath and shower. We were only given one hand towel for the room, but I asked for more this was not a problem for them and the next day they must have remembered because the cleaning lady gave us lots the next day. I only drink de-caff coffee I was given the green de-caff instead of the normal coffee plus lots more little milks.
THE BED....
The last time I stayed at this hotel the bed matrasses was very soft and very comfy, but this time it was very hard I did not get a good sleep at all, the next day I told reception staff who were very sorry and told me they would have the cleaning lady put a couple of duvets under my sheets to make the bed more comfortable and to my surprise it did so the next 3 night I had a softer bed plus they gave me a one night refund which was taken off my card on my return home.

THE BREAKFAST...
The food was very good and what a bargain I had with 2 free children, you could have fresh fruit, muffins, cereal, yogurts low and full fat, eggs any style, porridge from the kitchen, bacon, sausage etc.. I do not feel the restaurant is big enough for both hotel's the q's were very big, I would say go early or late, I do feel they did not have enough staff clearing the tables.

THE STAFF
All the staff were very cheerful with a good attitude for the guests.

On reading some of the other reviews, if you have a problem with anything you need to inform the staff there and then, I know they will go out of their way to help, they did me. I am already looking forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor room 3 is at the back, no noise or A/C noise
3  Thank QUEENANN57