“Excellent and value for money!”

Premier Inn York City (Blossom St South) Hotel
Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in York
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent and value for money!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very impressed, the room was large, spotless and comfortable. The bed was huge and the bathroom was lovely and clean. I had booked the room for myself and a friend, sadly due to circumstances they were unable to travel. When I arrived I was allocated a room above reception as I was a lone female. Nothing seemed too much trouble for the reception staff who were warm and friendly and made me feel very welcome. Hotel is ideal for visiting the city and only a short walk from the station. Would stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2013

i stayed here on 16th January having booked two rooms. having stayed here previously thought i would be fine so brought the family and paid for them -
we drove up in two cars and paid the 8.50 each car per day- which was a two day stay.
so nearly 30quid on parking.
on return to my car the next day at 11.30am i had significant damage to the right wing of my car. big dent that i am yet to get repaired.

i immediately went to reception and they called the police- they asked me to wait an hour. but seeing as my family had tickets to sight-see asked if they could come alittle later.
they said they would ring later to confirm the time. they did not ring back so i was left to try and ring them from reception 45mins before they were due to arrive.
it was constantly ringing until it times out.
so went through to the restaurant- waited a further 30mins and rang again with the dodgy phone reception i was having.

they did eventually ring back but was 30minutes late- we had to leave york no later than 6pm as we were a 2 hour drive away so luckily they arrived at 5.30pm.

officer was quite efficient and took relevent details.
officer stated she would collect the CCTV and let me know the outcome.
unfortunately she stated the CCTV was that rubbish that my car would only be picked up as small a babies fingernail.
she saw the said vehicle move away from the car and leave. but again poor quality of the video showed no registration- yeah thanks.

so what is the point of paying this expensive car parking rate to have the comfort that if anything happens to your car, even though there is CCTV coverage it is too poor to pick anything up.

what is the point/ why pay all that money for not even decent CCTV?????????
i
t is such as shame as the staff and food are excellent but the damage to my car is a right put off.
luckily my husband car wasnt damaged and his is only 1mth old.
park here at your peril.!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank beach baby b
leeds
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel is in a great location if you are arriving by train, 5 minutes walk from the station. The hotel is as you would expect from any other Premier Inn, Costa Coffee next door. The Windmill pub is a couple of doors down and serve very cheap food and drink. We had breakfast there both days, cost under £8 for 2 bacon sandwiches, a tea and a hot chocolate. The walk into town is about 10 mins down Micklegate, nice walk. Overall had a fab stay and would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tracey a
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I booked this 1 night stay for myself and my fiancé as we love York and wanted to explore the castle and museums etc. It was on offer for £29; absolute bargain!!! Although the hotel is in the city centre, it's around a mile away from bars, museums and all the main shops, which is fine as long as you don't mind walking. It has a normal pub/restaurant below the hotel which we didn't go to but it seemed nice when we walked past and we didn't hear a thing through the night or during the evening from the busy road outside. However, this hotel is currently having a new lift installed, and they started drilling and banging really loudly at around 10am which vibrated the whole room. Room was extremely clean as always and I'd most definitely stay there again.

Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights on the 13th and 14th January. It was our first stay in a Premier Inn - we were lured by the offer price of £29 a night. The room was spacious and simple, with all the key requirements - clean and well planned, comfortable bed and pillows, tea and coffee making facilities, television and easy heating controls. I always appreciate a soak in the bath after hours of wandering and there was ample hot water on both days. We stayed on the second floor at the front, so there was some traffic noise at rush hour, though we did not find it intrusive. The lift was not working, but I had recieved a call to tell me this a couple of days earlier. The fire alarm sounded early one morning, but stopped before we had too much time to panic - I'm guessing a guest flouted No Smoking policy? We often visit York and we know it well, but it was nicer to stay overnight in such a convenient location. There is plenty of choice of places to eat nearby. You can access a section of the wall at the crossroads. If you like real ales you should try Brigante on the road into the centre, and the York Tap on the railway platform! Parking is always difficult in York. £9 for each 24 hours parking is a reduced rate for Premier Inn customers at the NCP facility around the corner - we were lucky to get into a covered area so avoided a coating of snow and had a slightly warmer exit. It would be useful if the website made this facility more obvious, with a large scale map on the website explaining access.Staff were friendly and efficient and we will definitely return at other times of year if the offer is repeated.

Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2013

fab location came by train and was a 2min walk to hotel, 5mins walk to city centre and a fab weatherspoons over the road food there is cheaper and our drinks £2 a round less than the longboat bar at the premier inn, the longboat is lovely and was very warm on a chilly weekend, gripe with staff was the girl behind the bar and security guy on the sat evening; we came back from a birthday meal to be told by security guy last orders if we wanted a drink in bar, we wanted a bottle of wine & 2 glasses to take back to room so headed to bar, no one around after 5mins girl appeared & refused to serve us saying bar was closed, security fella was there so I said he said was last orders and closed at 12 to which he said i never said that i said it was closed, angry we went to reception to speak to duty manager a young lady who said no we should have been served and took us back in and served us herself! other than that hiccup and not being told about no lift on website, still doesn't say it, we had a great time and would stay again but maybe go nextdoor to the north one..

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here overnight for my fiances birthday & had a really good stay.
We got a saver price £29 for a Saturday night (fantastic value) & booked a family room so we would have a bit of extra space. The room was spotless & bed very comfy. Not much of a view but we didn't come to York to sit looking out of a hotel window!
The hotel is a few minutes walk from the train station & located right next to the old city walls & micklegate & an easy walk straight down the road & you're in the city centre.
The Longboat bar is very pleasant & we started our night off here.
The breakfast was tremendous too.
Only thing I could grumble about was our key card stopped working after breakfast & I had to get the roomservice guy to let us in our room. But overall a great stay & the staff were very friendly & helpful too.
Would definately stay here again & would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013