“What a terrible experience”
Review of Le Langhe - CLOSED

Le Langhe
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I went to this restaurant with my partner because I read the críticas in Trip advisor and I wanted to try something different. We booked a table and we had to wait 35 min just to sit
down. Then, after ordering
ordering the starters I could hear the waiters arguing and complaining about the chef. We had to wait another 40 min to be served and the quality of the food wasn't that good- the pasta was cold and it was very expensive for an small portion. I would never come back again or recommend to others, but this is just my own horrible experience.

5  Thank hoather1234

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I'm a keen quilter and visit the quilting museum whenever I can and whenever I need encouragement. One of the pleasures is then if in a hurry to buy some lovely food from the deli at Le Langhe or if there is time to enjoy a meal. Service is pleasant and efficient. The stairs are steep so eating upstairs is for fit and agile. Loos are downstairs and it looks as though someone tried to fight their way out of the ladies. Their tasting plates make a good light lunch. Very interesting combinations of out of the ordinary Italian food . I always look forward to eating there. Coffee is excellent .the gardens are very pleasant but their terrace is a bit of an eyesore at the moment

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We have eaten here a few times and the food just gets better and better. We have only had one evening of slow service and that was in 2012! The current staff are delightful and get the pace and timing to perfection. We had the tasting menu and just when you think the next course can't get any better, it does. We took up the offer of help in choosing our wine as the list is enormous and the one we decided on was exactly what we were looking for. Well done, Otto, keep it up!!

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Having been really disappointed with the service on a previous visit - this time the service matched the high quality of the food!
Pasta to die for, with a wonderful veal and wild mushroom ragout... cold dry white wine.. yummy plum tart and coffee - a perfect lunch!
(The staff and management must have read Jay Rayner's review in the Observer a couple of months ago!)

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Went yesterday for lunch to celebrate my husband's 70th birthday, we had the tasting menu it was divine and the staff were lovely. Thank you, we will be back.