“Wonderful Food - Very authentic”
Review of Le Langhe - CLOSED

Le Langhe
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We visited La Langhe on a Friday lunch time and ate in the restaurant upstairs. As we were led up the stairs we noticed several obstacles on the narrow staircase, boxes of food for the kitchen stacked on route to the restaurant which was quite off putting as the kitchen was quite a way round the other side of the building?
Being married to an Italian, my expectations of Italian food are quite high and we are usually disappointed at the (English) Italian restaurants we visit but the food was delicious and very authentic. We chose the crab in a white sauce with pasta (not stated on the menu what pasta it was so had to ask) and the soup, both were superb but when we asked for a little parmesan for the crab pasta, explaining that we knew that it was not the norm in italy, but we liked it, we were told no, that it was company policy that we could not have the cheese - and that was that! Surely this should be the customers choice?
The food here was really delicious but a little work on customer relations and presentation is needed.
If you want to try the real food of Italy this is the place.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I can honestly say I had the worst restaurant experience I've ever had at Le Langhe. They got our reservation wrong. The waiter could not have been more rude. My partner was reduced to tears and had to leave. The chef refused to account for people's dietary needs/preferences.

We left after what felt like an hour long argument and went down the road to another restaurant which was fantastic. We are taking it up with the owner.

I would seriously suggest going elsewhere. Not worth the risk.

4  Thank Ben C
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Took a client for lunch. We had the tasting menu which was lovely and really enjoyed it. Very busy place, nice deli and the food was really good.

Will be back!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had been recommended here after our planned visit to The Quilt Museum in York. Wow the selection of gourmet foods and wine in the store were fabulous. I decided to have for lunch the PASTA special of pumpkin and goats cheese with freshly made pasta accompanied by a glass of red wine. What a delight. The portion some might think small but it was perfect for lunch. The flavour and texture was incredible. Pity I don't live in York. Jenny had a bread and pancetta soup which was fabulous.

1  Thank ElizabethGeraldton
Reviewed March 2, 2013

In York for the weekend with my wife and Le Langue was recommended to us by a restaurateur friend of ours. We booked for lunch and were so impressed that we returned for dinner the same evening. The food was sublime, the service attentive and good value for money. We are planning to visit York again at Easter and will definitely be making a return visit, assuming we can secure a table.