“Excellent food, alledgedly!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Langhe - CLOSED

Le Langhe
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bridlington, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, alledgedly!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Having read several reviews commenting on the poor service, we decided to pre-book a table for 13:30. My wife and I arrived at 13:10 and spoke to the waiter who understandably advised us that our table was not yet available and could we come back in 20 minutes. This was fine with us and we popped across the road for a drink at the Black Swan. At 13:30 we returned and joined the queue. A party of 4 people in front of us, who had not booked, were shown to a table! We waited for about 5 minutes and then the waiter came to speak to us. We said we had a table booked for 13:30 and he said would we mind dining upstairs, we replied that was fine.
He led us upstairs and asked us to wait at the top, where another couple were also booked in for 13:30 and were waiting to be seated. In discussion with them it transpired that poor handling of pre-booked customers was not uncommon. At 13:45 we were taken to our table in a room which was in need of some tlc and sat down next to a pile of wine boxes. After another 5 minutes I attracted the waiter's attention and asked for some menus. He said he would try and find us some!! 10 minutes later still with no menus, drinks or indeed any form of service we left expressing to the waiter our complete disatisfaction with our experience. He merely shrugged his shoulders! Believe it or not we do intend to return, because the food is apparently very good but the service had better be first class.

5 Thank 543Steve

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nov 28th We have a problem with the Chef!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have been to Le Lange a few times. On this occasion, I took two friends and our experience was poor. On arrival, we were ignored for 15 mins even though the waiter clearly knew we were waiting and only got attention after I asked to be dealt with. Having pre-booked a downstairs table a month ago, it was clear that none were available. The waiter maintained that a booking had not been received which was not true as I had doubly checked availability. His manner was not friendly or helpful. We agreed to eat upstairs but once seated, it was obvious that all was not right at the restaurant. We waited 45 mins for our antipasta starter even though it was visable on the serving counter and only got it when we asked the waiter if it was ours. We went through the same process to obtain our two main pasta dishes (both sitting on the counter getting cold whilst we were eating our starter) and our third main, a simple salad (which was poor) did not arrive until after two of us had finished our pasta. My friend refused the salad and was told she could have it without payment. Whilst the upstairs waiter apologised to every table, saying there were problems with the chef, at no time did a manager or senior member of staff appear. Having placed their order, one couple walked out with the parting words to the remaining diners, 'Good Luck' and other diners complained. On reflection, we should have followed the example of the couple who left. As the person who arranged the lunch, I felt embarrassed and disappointed by the experience. Whilst staffing problems cannot always be sorted at short notice, the whole atmosphere of the restaurant indicated that there clearly was something very wrong on this day, not just someone ringing in sick. In this context I would have preferred to have been told on arrival so that I could have made alternative arrangements. It goes without saying that I, and probably others there that day, will never return or recommend this restaurant.

4 Thank Jennifer W
York, United Kingdom
“One of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

If you like authentic Italian Food and are visiting York then this place is a must. We've eaten there a few times now and the food has been simply amazing, the decor is fascinating and the staff very attentive, professional and helpful. Only problem is what to choose. I've never managed to get as far as the Dessert / Cheeseboard but by the looks of it both are amazing. Might be best to book in advance as it seems to get busy.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Andrew F
York, United Kingdom
“Walked out”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

We had booked a table for 1pm for 4 people, following a degree ceremony in York Minster. We arrived about 12.45 and were not greeted in a friendly manner. The young girl seemed confused and sent us upstairs two flights of stairs with another member of staff. We were not shown to a table and had to wait to be given two menus. The staff appeared to be struggling to cope with the number of covers and we were unsure how long we would have to wait before any order was taken. We would have liked to make a drinks order and to have been offered bread etc whilst waiting. (The service in the previous location was always excellent.) This was a family celebration, but with some limits on time (which was why we had booked a fortnight in advance!), and we decided that the best course of action was to leave without placing an order. We then had an excellent meal in a 'chain' restaurant. I have enjoyed eating here in the past but I am not sure that I could recommend it in the future as the organisation was so poor. I should add that the staff seemed to be poorly trained, not rude or unpleasant. Management appears to be at fault here. There does not seem to be clear information on the website about disabled access.

6 Thank YorkFoodieFan
St Ives, United Kingdom
“Too much offal and game”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I had a taster menu lunch with my wife, we said we disliked game, we were served game ragout?? This was followed by undercooked liver and onions-definitely not a menu for the faint hearted not a vegetable in sight! Very pretentious clientele.

• Visited October 2012